Corsair Community

Ryzen 7 2700x wrong tempreading

tervok

hey so the ICUE software is reading the temp to be 80c+ and forecing the fans to 100% constantly but other sensor software is reading from 30-40c, im useing the hydo h110i GT any way to fix this? other then setting the speed manualy Edited by tervok

In the meantime, stop using CPU temp as a fan control source. It’s not a very good one anyway. Use the coolant temperature (H110i GT Temp) for the radiator fans. That is how the cooling system works anyway.

Or, if you are like me and have a good air cooler like the Noctua D-15 which keeps the temps under control regardless, you could set the fans based on the the GPU temps for gaming or rendering, since that's where most of the heat is generated anyway. That's what I did after testing my rig in various workloads/scenarios. I found that the CPU temps weren't really helped by increased fan speeds, since the case I have is already a high-airflow case.

hmm, the only options i can see in Ique is setting the speed to a spacfic value or preset 'quite, balanced and extreme'. also not sure why you would go of the GPU temp for a CPU cooler, seems a bit like setting your house thermistat based on the tempreture of the fridge.surely you would want to very the CPU fans based on the CPUs temp not a diffornt compnant with its own cooling

You can create a performance profile.

And, for a system that is liquid cooled, have the case fans based off the GPU temp does, actually, make a good bit of sense ... that's a major heat source in the system.

Personally, I prefer using one of the CoPro's thermistors.

while i see your point on the GPU i still preffer baseing the CPU cooling fans on the CPU tempriture seeing as thats the componant directly effected as while it shoulnt be over heating id rather it be there as a safty net, dont get me wrong im not saying the idea is bad or anything, its just the GPU im useing barely gets over 50 on a full load (GTX 1080 TI 11gb) also just looked in Ique and all it gives me its setting up the pump and fan speeds, but not dynamicly only staticly, so unless im missing something im not sure how im ment to

while i see your point on the GPU i still preffer baseing the CPU cooling fans on the CPU tempriture seeing as thats the componant directly effected as while it shoulnt be over heating id rather it be there as a safty net, dont get me wrong im not saying the idea is bad or anything, its just the GPU im useing barely gets over 50 on a full load (GTX 1080 TI 11gb) also just looked in Ique and all it gives me its setting up the pump and fan speeds, but not dynamicly only staticly, so unless im missing something im not sure how im ment to

If you are using a liquid cooler (and I don't know this as you've not filled out your system information), then the CPU temperature isn't really relevant for any of your fan curves. Look at the Liquid Cooler FAQ for details.

like i said its the hydro H110i GT, it is liquid cooled but the fans in question (and the only ones that iQUE can control) are affixed to the radiator componant to cool the liquid for the CPU but at this point we arnt really addressing the issue, but seeing as i fixed it myself its largely irelivant at this point