Corsair Community

Are the HD AND LL rbg fans compatible with each other.

Singeaninja

Hey guys,

Revamping my current build and going with a theme. Decided on the corsair fans as their leds really pop. I'm planning on using x2 LL's for the exhaust and x2 HD's for my radiator but I'm wondering if i should buy the twin pack for both to receive the controllers. Can they be wired so that i can control fan speed and rbg through corsair link or will i be limited to using the controller for each set inside my case.

As im replacing my mobo as well, any recommendations (fan/usb headers) i should go with that may make hooking up the 4 fans easier. Using a lga 1150 cpu and prefer a red/black or white color scheme.

thanks!

hey thanks for the link. I think i get it now!

Just some clarification;

if i chose to go with one set of fans, plugged them into the hub then to the lighting node pro, link will allow me to control the rbg and to my understanding the fans have another cable that i plug into pwm slots on the mobo to have bios control fan speeds?

will the following setup work if i wanted rbg strips as well:

2x LL into rbg hub into lighting node pro into mobo, 2x HD into a second rbg hub into the first lighting node pro and then i purchase the led strip expansion which comes with strips plus another lighting node pro, hook the strips to the slot in the second node and the second node into another sata/mobo slot?

Edited by Singeaninja

Wouldn't you be better off with a commander pro? Allowing to control both rpm and rgb In Link or iCue?.. plug both RGB fan LED Hubs into the commander pro.. this would allow you to plug the node pro for strips into one of the commander pros usb headers...