Jump to content
Corsair Community

Ridiculous memory usage from iCUE, 400-600MB is common, seen peaks of 800MB


Hapcher
 Share

Recommended Posts

As the title described. Ever since updating to iCUE I noticed a need to switch it off at moments.

 

I was already cutting it close to my max capacity with my normal routine. Having to make an effort to close as many tabs as I can just so games would run fine and that programs won't get starved.

Now as soon as I updated I have something new to worry about.

 

I wonder if there's anyone else out there experiencing similar memory readings.

 

Using a CORSAIR STRAFE RGB, no other CORSAIR peripherals that are associated with iCUE. I have 36profiles, more than half of them are static or with very basic effects.

 

I'm open to try potential fixes, really hoping this isn't considered normal RAM usage for something as simple as keyboard lighting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for shedding some light on the potential cause, DevBiker.

Wanted to reply and say that the issue still persists. iCUE and a few other programs put me over the edge, I've decided to upgrade from 12GB to 16GB.

 

However this doesn't look like the end of my problems, as even after restarting my PC iCUE has gotten even worse. Every few seconds memory usage goes up 1-2MB. Goes up to 1.8GB and then crashes.

https://i.imgur.com/BNwtcYP.gifv

 

I haven't even done anything inside iCUE. It starts in the background, stays untouched and eats RAM worse than Chrome. This is a huge problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Copied from my forum profile.

 

Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro3

Processor i5-4690K @4.5GHz

Memory 16GB DDR3 Corsair VENGEANCE LP, CL9, 1600MHz (2x4, 2x4),

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE AORUS GTX 1060 6GB

Hard Drive # 1 WB Blue 1TB 7200RPM

Hard Drive # 2 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB

Hard Drive # 3 PNY SSD 120GB

Power Supply Cooler Master 650W 80+Gold

Case Cooler Master K280 Mid Tower

Operating System Windows 7 64bit

 

First time encountering the issue it was the latest version. 3.4.95

After you mentioned it, I updated to 3.5.111

 

Here are all the logs I could export. I updated prior to exporting logs, worried that might've removed the older logs.

 

2018-07-22T18-26-37.log

2018-07-22T18-46-18.log

2018-07-22T19-12-14.log

2018-07-22T19-16-55.log

2018-07-22T19-47-26.log

 

In-case you wanted more specifics on the specs, here's what I found along with the logs.

SystemInfo.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should mention that this happens on and off. After crashing twice I ran iCUE manually, it then hovered close to 300MB, now after a restart - it hovers around 200MB.

 

It's very irregular to spike as high as it did last time. But 300-800MB happens every now and then.

 

I used to think it spiked after going through most of the options inside iCUE, but after having those 1.8GB memory usage crashes with just about 20 minutes of system uptime, I'm starting to doubt that's the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, since you just updated, let us know if you continue to see this with 3.5. The latest version has been pretty solid for me so they may have already fixed that leak. No point in having them chase after something that isn't an issue with the current version, ya know?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spoke too soon. 12 minutes uptime and it's climbing again 400MB. 16 minutes 580MB, went afk for a few minutes, found it crashed.

 

Seems the issue still exists. Hope the logs can help you pin down the cause.

 

Here are some more logs:

2018-07-22T20-02-29.log

2018-07-22T20-19-06.log

2018-07-22T20-20-11.log

2018-07-22T20-21-06.log

2018-07-22T20-27-59.log

 

(edit) When it's stable it can be using up anywhere between 77-300MB. Most commonly ~160MB. After it starts climbing it either stops at 800MB or goes all the way until it crashes.

Edited by Hapcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spoke too soon. 12 minutes uptime and it's climbing again 400MB. 16 minutes 580MB, went afk for a few minutes, found it crashed.

 

Seems the issue still exists. Hope the logs can help you pin down the cause.

 

Here are some more logs:

2018-07-22T20-02-29.log

2018-07-22T20-19-06.log

2018-07-22T20-20-11.log

2018-07-22T20-21-06.log

2018-07-22T20-27-59.log

 

Ugh. OK, still an issue. I've reported to Corsair and will let you know if I hear anything, if they don't jump on and respond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

Do me a favor, when you see high memory usage, stop the Corsair Service in Services. See if that reduces memory. Most memory usage consumption is because of how our CPUID SDK is polling for system data.

 

On a side note, for Windows 7, we are a little limited on what we can do as the newer version of the CPUID SDK uses a Extended Validation certificate to sign drivers (which is only compatible with Win 8 and up). Therefore any improvements that CPUID releases won't be applied to iCUE running on Windows 7 systems. We are trying to see what we can do for workarounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...