Corsair Community

Was auto updated from CUE to iCUE and...

Rhialto

Fine, I understand iCUE will take over CUE...

Now there is a huge FARCRY 5 banner I don't like just like many of us, even if it's not linked (clickable) but it takes up literally 20% of iCUE window which looks stupid.

Also why does it constantly require ~200MB of memory? It's like 10x what I would think it would take to sit in the tray.

Other than that it's a welcome update.

Yeah, I kind of wish they would not do this from CUE 2 to iCUE without a clear and unmistakable warning that it is a new program, it will replace not just CUE but Link as well, and that the profile conversion from 2->3 is one way and permanent. If you don’t have back ups of your CUE 2 profiles, it will be a real chore to restore your previous state.

I don’t know if we have ever tried to track memory usage in relation to connected devices, but since iCUE is essentially Link + CUE, it uses more than the prior stand-alone version. I can’t say what is or is not appropriate, but a couple of Chrome browser tabs dwarfs any of my background tasks.

Non-advertising preference noted and there are other threads in the forum where people agree with you, including this one.

Edited by c-attack

The banner will be removed in the next patch. It was meant to notify users that iCUE offers support with Far Cry 5. they have noted the negative feedback and will be thinking of a better way to show supported games in the future.

200Mb isn't unreasonable these days. Discord sits at a pleasant 150 and it doesn't even have to control any device.