Corsair Community

h75 high temp 80º/99º

imsosadrightnow

Hello, I hope you can help me, I have cleaned the PC thoroughly I have changed the thermal paste and my processor still has temperatures of 90 degrees when I open any game.

The pump makes like a noise of water sometimes and I do not know what it is, there is also a tube hotter than another, could it be that the pump is broken?

I'm sorry if there is something wrong written but I do not speak English.

It does not sound promising. A normal pass through the radiator only drops the coolant 1-2C, so if you can feel a definite temperature difference between them, there may be an issue. Another classic sign of a flow problem is a steady, rising CPU temperature when you first boot or wake from sleep. The CPU should instantly hit its normal idle temperature level, for most people 25-35C depending on voltage and environment. If you can sit there and watch the CPU temp rise 35...40...45....50...55..etc, then the coolant is not moving. You may also see this after you have created some load. The CPU temp hits 80-90C in gaming, drops to 60-70C when you quit, but then it won't come down and takes an hour to exhibit any noticeable temperature loss. Do you get a pump speed reading in the BIOS or any other monitoring software?

Another common issue on non-SATA powered coolers is cutting the voltage to the pump via the BIOS or other fan control software. The H75 needs 12v to make the pump work. In your BIOS, control for its header needs to be disabled or otherwise set to 100%. The exact method is motherboard model specific. Sometimes easy to forget to set this back after a BIOS update.

If any of those symptoms fit or if the H75 is not detected at all by the BIOS, contact Corsair Tech support through the ticket system in the menu above. You will need the purchase invoice to establish the warranty period.

It does not sound promising. A normal pass through the radiator only drops the coolant 1-2C, so if you can feel a definite temperature difference between them, there may be an issue. Another classic sign of a flow problem is a steady, rising CPU temperature when you first boot or wake from sleep. The CPU should instantly hit its normal idle temperature level, for most people 25-35C depending on voltage and environment. If you can sit there and watch the CPU temp rise 35...40...45....50...55..etc, then the coolant is not moving. You may also see this after you have created some load. The CPU temp hits 80-90C in gaming, drops to 60-70C when you quit, but then it won't come down and takes an hour to exhibit any noticeable temperature loss. Do you get a pump speed reading in the BIOS or any other monitoring software?

Another common issue on non-SATA powered coolers is cutting the voltage to the pump via the BIOS or other fan control software. The H75 needs 12v to make the pump work. In your BIOS, control for its header needs to be disabled or otherwise set to 100%. The exact method is motherboard model specific. Sometimes easy to forget to set this back after a BIOS update.

If any of those symptoms fit or if the H75 is not detected at all by the BIOS, contact Corsair Tech support through the ticket system in the menu above. You will need the purchase invoice to establish the warranty period.

Thanks for answering, I have looked at the BIOS and everything is working, the problem is that it goes up to 99º and stays there whenever the game is open, as soon as I close it down and returns to 55 / 65º that the temperature in idle ..

I think you have a flow problem inside the cooler. There isn't much you can do. You can try gently tipping the case back and forth to see if the blockage dislodges. A more severe method is taking the pump head off (likely where the blockage is) and shaking that. However, the material causing the issue is still present and it will occur again at some point. You still need to replace it. This just buys you a little more time.

I am assuming this is a new condition. Theoretically, other possible causes are improperly set voltages or greedy Auto voltage settings, but those kinds of things would be consistent and the temp changes instantaneous. If your CPU temp idles between 40-60C and it is always much worse after gaming, then this is a cooler issue.