Corsair Community

CUE Updater Does Not Work

Daethz

I have incredibly slow internet, thanks to a company known as Centurylink, I download at around 500-800kbps usually.

I have noticed I can turn on CUE's self-updater and it will get stuck on downloading for EVER.

Literally, i left it over night once, over 10 hours, It still said it was downloading.

If I download it manually from the website it takes a few minutes and i can go right forward to installing it.

This has happened enough times now that It's clearly an issue with the CUE's updater and not me.

Also it has happened on the last 5 or so updates, including the newest one.

Heres an example, razer and logitechs update's have never had issues like this, well, razer has had issues, but not this one.

I would suggest you use the website to acquire the updates regardless. First, there probably will not be any more CUE 2 updates. Any update you do from there now may prompt you to install iCUE (CUE 3) and that is not something you should do casually. It is a substantial change and a one way conversion for your files. You will want to back up your profiles or otherwise save the C: User/(Name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder to a save location if you ever want to restore things the way they were.

Aside from all of that, if you have terrible internet service, you should download from the website so you can keep the installer. That way you don't have to do it again should you wish to go back or need to reinstall for whatever reason.

Edited by c-attack

Let me guess, cue 3 is probably going to contain a ton of additional bloatware and "features"?

I left razer because of their rapidly breaking hardware and also because of their incredibly buggy, bloatware packed drivers.

The more simplistic and lightweight the better.

Then I suggest you stick with CUE 2 for now. If you only have Corsair peripherals to control, there is minimal gain. However if you also have Corsair internal devices, it brings those into a more CUE like interface, particularly useful for RGB products. Since it is two programs in one, it carries more heft. It is obviously brand new, so... Edited by c-attack