Corsair Community

Can't connect my H150i Pro to my motherboard?

JoshX

Hey guys,

I'm finally building my PC but I've ran into an issue. I'm using a Maximus X Hero board which comes with a usb called AIO_PUMP but it's only 4 pins and the H150i pro has 5 on the top and 4 on the bottom. Does anyone know how to connect this?

Thank you!

Nevermind, was connecting the wrong thing I think, lol. (the image is huge idk why)

However, this happened. I'm not sure if it came like this or not, but can I just stick it back in? This is on the H150i Pro again btw.ljr84yL.jpg

Well, that's less than ideal. It'll still work - this is just used to report fan speed to the CPU_FAN header so that you don't get a CPU Fan warning on boot. You may be able to stick it back in but a more proper repair would be to get the correct connector and crimp the cable on it. I think this is the connector: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0008500114/WM1114-ND. It does require a special crimp tool.

Well, that's less than ideal. It'll still work - this is just used to report fan speed to the CPU_FAN header so that you don't get a CPU Fan warning on boot. You may be able to stick it back in but a more proper repair would be to get the correct connector and crimp the cable on it. I think this is the connector: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0008500114/WM1114-ND. It does require a special crimp tool.

Oh, thank you so much! I was thinking I'd need to buy a whole new AIO. Also, I plugged the case fans into the 3 connectors from the pump and then plugged the broken USB into AIO_PUMP. Should that USB go into CPU_FAN, and if so what should be plugged into AIO_PUMP?

Oh, thank you so much! I was thinking I'd need to buy a whole new AIO. Also, I plugged the case fans into the 3 connectors from the pump and then plugged the broken USB into AIO_PUMP. Should that USB go into CPU_FAN, and if so what should be plugged into AIO_PUMP?

USB should go to the USB header. Your image was of a fan header, which is very different.

You don't need to plug anything into AIO Pump. That header is just a standard fan header that is set to 100% (Q-Fan Control disabled) by default. It really isn't anything special, just marketing labeling.