Corsair Community

what is icue and how can I get rid of it?

codymjss

I updated my regular CUE software this morning, and now all of my Corsair products have gone crazy. My mouse pad led lights no longer work, my keyboard is not responding to any changes, and my h115i sounds like a jet engine. I was able to get my fans on the cooler to be 'quiet' for a moment, but after I restart my pc it just reverts back to its overwhelmingly loud state. I'm not even sure how I managed to get them to be quiet. Everytime I click on fans or pump it just asks me to change the name, and I cannot figure out how to apply my custom fan curve. This is super annoying.

Prior to this update everything was fine. Why would they move fan control and temp readings of the cooler over to an RGB software? This essentially makes my link useless. Is their anyway I can go back to how it was? I have a regular h115i, no rgb anything except the pump.

I would normally make a joke about living in cave, but it doesn’t seem like you are overly thrilled. CUE 2 and Link have been replaced with a fusion of the two — iCUE (or CUE 3). Support for the two prior programs is ending.

The keyboard and peripheral commands should be familiar. The internal device controls are not and still a work in progress. You should be able to figure it out after a few minutes of experimentation.

If you are determined to go back to CUE 2 and Link, you will need to uninstall iCUE. Your Link settings will be unaffected and the program is still installed. However going back to CUE 2.24.50 will require more work. If you don’t have back-ups of your profiles, those will be gone. The conversion is one way. If you do, then you will need to reimport them after setting the software back up.

Edited by c-attack

iCue is pretty different from Link but you can get your settings converted over. Check out my video on doing just that - there's a tool that'll read the fan curves from Link and give you a reference to enter them into iCue.

Why did they do this? They are moving the control for all of their hardware into a single, unified tool. It makes sense. You should be able to control your different devices just as you did in CUE.

iCue is pretty different from Link but you can get your settings converted over. Check out my video on doing just that - there's a tool that'll read the fan curves from Link and give you a reference to enter them into iCue.

Why did they do this? They are moving the control for all of their hardware into a single, unified tool. It makes sense. You should be able to control your different devices just as you did in CUE.

I suppose that does make sense to unify the two. icue is incredibly underwhelming. I've watched your video several times, and I still can't get my radiator fans to respond to a custom curve. Only the led on the pump will change, sometimes.

After plugging and unplugging and plugging my keyboard/mouse pad they finally responded.

PS: Not being able to see my temps across my system is super annoying.

The fan thing takes some adjustment. Rather than select the fan and choose a setting for it, you do the opposite in iCUE. Pick a fan setting Quiet/Balanced/Extreme/Custom(+) from the left and apply that setting to all of the fans on the right you want on that curve. To apply a different curve, go back to the left click a new curve or cooling mode, then apply it to the fan or pump on the right. To create a new custom profile, click the + symbol, a new "Cooling Mode" will appear. You can rename it. Also, the fixed % and RPM settings are contained in the custom curves rather than as a standalone default.

The control source is in the graph above, only the names get chopped off. Your radiator fans should default to H115i Temp (coolant temp), although I take nothing for granted at this point. You may need to go way down on the drop down list to find it.

The fan thing takes some adjustment. Rather than select the fan and choose a setting for it, you do the opposite in iCUE. Pick a fan setting Quiet/Balanced/Extreme/Custom(+) from the left and apply that setting to all of the fans on the right you want on that curve. To create a new custom profile, click the + symbol, a new "Cooling Mode" will appear. You can rename it. Also, the fixed % and RPM settings are contained in the custom curves rather than as a standalone default.

The control source is in the graph above, only the names get chopped off. Your radiator fans should default to H115i Temp (coolant temp), although I take nothing for granted at this point. You may need to go way down on the drop down list to find it.

I got a custom curve applied finally! I just had to uninstall and reinstall a couple times for it work, and I figured how to make my system wide temps display (dashboard)! Now I have to figure out how to make sure everything stays applied after I save the profile, and restart my PC.

What an intuitive program they've designed!