Corsair Community

Asus Maximus X Code memory

IanRC

I am looking at putting VENGEANCE® RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3733MHz C17 Memory onto a build with this motherboard. Has anyone completed a similar build and am I likely to face any compatibility issues.

Thanks

It's hard to make guarantees, but if I can clock my old X99 3200C15 quad channel kit up to 3733 on the Code X with only general tweaking (17-19-39-T1), than your proposal should be successful as well. The 16GB modules might add a slight wrinkle, but I have not heard about any other Code owners having difficulties at 3733. 4000 seems to be were the difficulty slope rises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought the 32GB 3000 Pro RGB kit for my Maximus X Code board (CMW32GX4M4C3000C15) and it didn't work. The dims lit up but it wasn't recognized. Put it in another pc and it worked perfectly. I even tried updating the bios. I have ordered the 3200 32GB kit to test to see if it was just that configuration. Super frustrating lol. Update.... got the 3200 kit and it doesn't work either. I guess I'm going to have to give up on having this pretty memory sadly. Edited by rygaul44