Corsair Community

Question about k70 rgb rapidfire

Spiggot

Hello,

i am new here, just recently got my corsair k70 rapid fire, i have downloaded the software, and installed some rgb profiles from schwitz

Last night my pause break button was working fine to switch profiles, Now today it seems to only work on just a few, if anyone has input on this, it would be much obliged

Edited by Spiggot

Have you tried to switch profiles to see if those buttons respond properly? I know sometimes profiles use those buttons to switch the effect of the profile itself.

Yes, for example the warcraft profile pack has 4 different themes, it will switch to the second theme and nothing after.

Actually it only switches to the second theme in warcraft and nothing else in the list of other profiles i have

Do you have pause break re-mapped to change profiles in each and every profile? It’s not a natural key bind and I don’t know what Schwitz does with all his work. If you land on a profile where it’s not mapped, you will be stuck.

Do you have pause break re-mapped to change profiles in each and every profile? It’s not a natural key bind and I don’t know what Schwitz does with all his work. If you land on a profile where it’s not mapped, you will be stuck.

Indeed i do! haha thats why im so confused as to why it is only switching the 2 first themes in the warcraft, and warcraft has 4 themes ( warcraft is first profile)

Bump.

ICUE is updated and everything.

Why doesnt anyone have any insight? There should be some kind of support for the amount these keyboards cost.

This company is showing me rather quickly to stop buying their products. over a week and only one person replied. This is absurd.

OK, I have a few of his lying around and pulled it up. I am going to assume you are using iCUE. If not, we will have to work that out. It is also possible there is some version variation if you are on an early build.

One of the changes in iCUE is the profile switching options have increased. It used to cycle down the list from top to bottom and you had to group in folders them to get the most out of it. Now you can make profile specific switch lists. In the Actions menu, you should see the "pause break" Profile Switching action. That creates a sub menu at the bottom with the options, including the Profile Rotation List when "in folder only" is checked. The trick is you need to set up the rotation in all for profiles. So in A, set B as the top one in the list. In B, set C. In C-> D. Then in D, back to A. If you have it set to "loop list" but the profiles are all in the rotation list, it will continually go to the top on the list and that can be different in each and every profile. I had three of his tucked away, all from various points in time. Heat Wave and and one of the CS:Go variations were Linked. They both included Ice. Ice was older and modified and was missing the pause break switch. Either way, it is easy to break the chain because the next profile is not top in the list.

I was able to successfully create a loop of his profiles on iCUE 3.3 using his pause break command between Heat Wave->Ice->CS Go: Sapphire. There are multiple ways to do this. You could use direct switch. When using the profile rotation list, it will still go to the top one on the list, but the list is useful for remembering what profiles you put into that group.

Edited by c-attack

OK, I have a few of his lying around and pulled it up. I am going to assume you are using iCUE. If not, we will have to work that out. It is also possible there is some version variation if you are on an early build.

One of the changes in iCUE is the profile switching options have increased. It used to cycle down the list from top to bottom and you had to group in folders them to get the most out of it. Now you can make profile specific switch lists. In the Actions menu, you should see the "pause break" Profile Switching action. That creates a sub menu at the bottom with the options, including the Profile Rotation List when "in folder only" is checked. The trick is you need to set up the rotation in all for profiles. So in A, set B as the top one in the list. In B, set C. In C-> D. Then in D, back to A. If you have it set to "loop list" but the profiles are all in the rotation list, it will continually go to the top on the list and that can be different in each and every profile. I had three of his tucked away, all from various points in time. Heat Wave and and one of the CS:Go variations were Linked. They both included Ice. Ice was older and modified and was missing the pause break switch. Either way, it is easy to break the chain because the next profile is not top in the list.

I was able to successfully create a loop of his profiles on iCUE 3.3 using his pause break command between Heat Wave->Ice->CS Go: Sapphire. There are multiple ways to do this. You could use direct switch. When using the profile rotation list, it will still go to the top one on the list, but the list is useful for remembering what profiles you put into that group.

This is precisely what i needed.

Thank you.

PS, sorry if i sounded rude. have just been very upset trying to figure it out