Corsair Community

RGB and Fan profiles

klatoo

I've read the online iCUE guide, I've watched DevBikers videos...maybe I'm even more confused than I was earlier but how the f*** can you copy/attach all your case fan lighting and performance's to each profile without having to do each one individually? I have about 20 various keyboard/mouse/pad RGB profiles..no way am I going through all of them just to set up lighting and performance profiles for 6 LL fans and 4 ML for a 150. That's all sorts of dumb. There has to be a way, and I'm just to stupid to find it apparently, that copies all my fan speed and RGB to all my various profiles.

Annoyed x10

Fan speed one is easy. Within the Commander Pro or Cooler Device, go to the active fan reading (in the center). Click the 3 horizontal lines. In the drop down menu select either "Copy to all profiles" or "copy to all in (this) folder", whichever is appropriate for your organization.

The lighting will be more tedious. You can copy any effects you have already made to the Lighting Library, then copy them from the Library to the profile where you want to use it. You are still going to have to apply it the fans, keyboard, or whatever else you are trying to change. My suggestion is make a copy of the profile you are working in. It will replicate another one named "copy of...". Then use the copy to make whatever subtle changes you had planned. That copies macros, lighting, key binds, fan profiles, fan colors, and whatever else was in there. Even if you intend to totally change the lighting, you can delete the current effects in a few clicks, rather than redo all of the above from the Library. "Copy of..." can be renamed by clicking on it.

Are you trying to turn a bunch of CUE 2 profiles in iCUE profiles?

Edited by c-attack

I've read the online iCUE guide, I've watched DevBikers videos...maybe I'm even more confused than I was earlier but how the f*** can you copy/attach all your case fan lighting and performance's to each profile without having to do each one individually? I have about 20 various keyboard/mouse/pad RGB profiles..no way am I going through all of them just to set up lighting and performance profiles for 6 LL fans and 4 ML for a 150. That's all sorts of dumb. There has to be a way, and I'm just to stupid to find it apparently, that copies all my fan speed and RGB to all my various profiles.

Annoyed x10

Well ... you could hack the profile files. They're XML.

But yeah ... it's one at a time. Royal PITA, I agree. I've certainly put in feedback to that effect and a feature request for a better way to do it.

Or, as c-attack said, copy profiles.

Thanks for the help gents. Basically I picked my 6 favs and did those..left the rest alone for now. Got sick of it after a few hours.

Next question...for my other PC..I was able to copy the RGB selection for keyboard mouse etc..but for fan speed profile, RGB on case fans, etc, that's all back to square one again right? No where to copy anything to paste on another computer?

Thanks for the help gents. Basically I picked my 6 favs and did those..left the rest alone for now. Got sick of it after a few hours.

Next question...for my other PC..I was able to copy the RGB selection for keyboard mouse etc..but for fan speed profile, RGB on case fans, etc, that's all back to square one again right? No where to copy anything to paste on another computer?

That's where you would export and import the profiles and that's certainly there. When you do so, make sure that you select "DIY Performance" - that's where the fan profiles live.