Corsair Community

iCue causes more problems

Globespy

I had the prompt to update Cue to iCue and did so.

I noticed that my fan noise was a lot quieter and when checking LINK, I could see that iCue was now managing my H115i cooler.

Some may like this, but I have a custom fan controller and a cooling setup that just works exactly how I need it to.

I could not find any way to remove my H115i from iCue so that's a problem for me. I like LINK doing what it does. If I had the option to stop iCue from trying to control my H115i then maybe I would have looked into it, but what's the rationale behind moving this away from a program that does a great job of showing all things temperature and fan?

Why remove the H115i (or any other Corsair AIO water cooler) from LINK?

iCUE is for peripherals and should focus on that.

LINK is very obviously focused on specific functions - leave it alone!

Also, my keyboard lighting effects (I have the R70 Rapidfire -Red Light version only as my entire PC theme is black and red and I'm not into 'disco' lights looking PC's) were gone and no way to get them back. You would think it was a case of simply going the the effects section and selecting my usual pattern (ripple when I press any key) would be easy right?

Wrong.

I uninstalled and went back to 2.24.50

Is there any way for me to block this iCue garbage from prompting another update, which I am sure it will!

iCUE is CUE and Link combined if your going to continue using icue you need to uninstall link sense iCUE assumes control over all corsair peripherals and devices you dont even need link anymore with icue sense thay migrated the functionality of Link in to iCUE also in the near future they're going to end support for link and cue so at some point you'll need to make the switch over to icue. Edited by scepter