Corsair Community

How to scan Glaive for potential viruses?

havanirbuss

I have recently used my Glaive mouse on a computer that was presumably infected. Upon using it again on another computer (a very new one that is), I could not help noticing strange pop ups at startup each time I rebooted the computer from then on.

Now I have heard of the myths of gaming mice getting infected, so is there a way to verify that?

And if the mouse was actually used as a vector to carry the virus, is there a way run an antivirus scan onto the mouse?

I have recently used my Glaive mouse on a computer that was presumably infected. Upon using it again on another computer (a very new one that is), I could not help noticing strange pop ups at startup each time I rebooted the computer from then on.

Now I have heard of the myths of gaming mice getting infected, so is there a way to verify that?

And if the mouse was actually used as a vector to carry the virus, is there a way run an antivirus scan onto the mouse?

I have never heard of an issue like this and it would have to be a very specific to be able to target the specific mouse, interface face with it, write something to the firmware that then affects other machines. This would require something very complicated and not have much reward in terms of the attacker as most people don't move their mouse to different machines.

I hate to say, it is most likely the user going to sites that they shouldn't be visiting or opening emails they should be :P