Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro RGB Memory DIMM's not correct in iCue Software

sLpFhaWK

Good day. I just purchased parts for a new build, the reason was the 280X Crystal RGB case. I saw it in some videos on youtube when it was released and I just had to have it, coming from an Air 540 case I needed to switch some parts for this new build, so I sold it off to a buddy and built this. Parts list is as follows.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($347.89 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($184.99 @ B&H)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($419.99 @ Corsair)

Storage: Intel - 760p Series 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.00 @ Newegg)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card ($774.98 @ Newegg Business)

Case: Corsair - Crystal 280X RGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($159.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($127.88 @ OutletPC)

Case Fan: Corsair - LL120 RGB LED 43.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($32.01 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Corsair - LL120 RGB LED 43.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($32.01 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Corsair - LL140 RGB LED 51.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($36.84 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Corsair - LL140 RGB LED 51.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($36.84 @ Amazon)

Monitor: Asus - PB287Q 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($341.25 @ SuperBiiz)

Monitor: Asus - ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor ($998.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)

Keyboard: Cooler Master - MasterKeys MK750 (MX Brown) Wired Gaming Keyboard ($124.00 @ Amazon)

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Best Buy)

Headphones: Astro - A50 + Base Station PS4 7.1 Channel Headset ($294.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)

Speakers: Creative Labs - Sound BlasterX Katana 0W 2.1ch Speakers ($284.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)

External Storage: Western Digital - My Book 8TB External Hard Drive ($169.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $4856.60

So anyway, the reason for the post is 2 things. 1 is very common based on the icue thread about the flickering fan on startup or cold boot. I will try some of the remedies there to resolve that for me, but the other is this. I just received some Vengeance Pro RGB Memory over the old Vengeance Pro I Was using before, now that iCue has more effects for this memory it looks awesome, but my DIMMS aren't in the order the software says it is.

DIMM 1, 2, 3, 4 is more like 2, 3, 1, 4 and I can't rearrange the order. For some effects this does not matter, but for the one I'd like to use *RAIN* It does matter as well as for a couple others.

Now I'm not sure how this even matters but all 4 memory slots are populated and all of the memory works. So what can be done to resolve this minor issue of mine?

Thanks

I got some today too...Same issue.

Good old corsair software....

heh hey man, for the most part it works pretty well. I've only had the system for 4 days but i'm overall pretty happy with it but I do hope they knock out these bugs real soon.

iCUE can already allow you to move each dimm setting around. Have you tried adjusting them with CUE? See attached image to find the buttons. la258Sc.png

Nope, I did not see that little arrow when I Was tinkering around earlier. I will look now and post an update.

Thanks!

Awesome, so that fixed the memory and I just noticed my 3rd and 4th fan are reversed. I don't see a similar option to move those, do I just need to swap the plugs around, and if so power off the system completely? I would think so but it's only a fan so I'm not sure.

Awesome, so that fixed the memory and I just noticed my 3rd and 4th fan are reversed. I don't see a similar option to move those, do I just need to swap the plugs around, and if so power off the system completely? I would think so but it's only a fan so I'm not sure.

There isnt an option like that for fans yet. So yes you would have to go in and rewire the fans.

You do not need to turn it off to switch it around. Nice RAM