Corsair Community

Airflow PLATINUM LED Fans ; Commander Mini ; Commander Pro

Bleolakri

I wasn't sure which thread to put this under so forgive me in advance....

I have a pair of DOMINATOR® Airflow PLATINUM LED Fans for two ram kits, from a build that's been in the making for a while now... When I first got them I also bought the Corsair Commander Mini a few months prior even before the Pro came out. Later I got my hands on the Commander Pro, but the Fan's Led plugs do not fit the Pro that had two LED ports while the Mini had only one port :sigh!:

I'm at a loss, in mind, to what to do to make my Memory fans match color wise now..... I can't find another Commander Mini on the webs that I can see.... and I don't see how I can use the Commander Pro. Anyone have a suggestion?

I wasn't sure which thread to put this under so forgive me in advance....

I have a pair of DOMINATOR® Airflow PLATINUM LED Fans for two ram kits, from a build that's been in the making for a while now... When I first got them I also bought the Corsair Commander Mini a few months prior even before the Pro came out. Later I got my hands on the Commander Pro, but the Fan's Led plugs do not fit the Pro that had two LED ports while the Mini had only one port :sigh!:

I'm at a loss, in mind, to what to do to make my Memory fans match color wise now..... I can't find another Commander Mini on the webs that I can see.... and I don't see how I can use the Commander Pro. Anyone have a suggestion?

I think you have the older Fan kit (CMDAF).

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181087

The newer one looks like it is compatible with the Commander Pro (CMDAF2): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181137

I know a bit about RGB LEDs, though not a whole lot about the Commander Mini and the Fan kit you bought. From what it looks like this is not supported by the Commander pro. From the reviews I read, it looks like this uses 12vRGB (analog), instead of the newer 5v Digital/Addressable RGB that Corsair has been using the past couple of years.

I think the switch of connectors is to make sure only the right items plug into the right places. If you want to control the color of the lights on your device you will need to find some type of Analog 12v RGB controller or be willing to use a soldering iron. Most newer higher end motherboards have RGB headers on them.

Edited by solarity

yeah, the CMDAF came with the ram kit.... Its like one color at a time, not a swirl like the newer ones.... I'm not 100% comfortable at soldering, but could if you are talking about changing the ends of the LED wires, to what type of plug though... I got wires a plenty in my case is trying to make it look nice, but the 780T Graphite case certainly wasn't a dual chamber design like the 540 or 240:p

$175 a piece though for the CMDAF2 though..... how much heat temperature wise are the fans helping..... (IF) I decided to try getting the "CORSAIR CMDLBUK02B Light Bar Upgrade Kit for Dominator Platinum" x4..... at $25 a pop....

EDIT: -> I'm not even sure how the upgrade works or how its powered though.... tried watching a few videos.....