Corsair Community

Thermistor location

sk7575

Since you will be able to gauge the incoming air temp off the H150i (coolant temp = exhaust air temp), I would run it back toward the GPU and tape it somewhere above it toward the rear exhaust fan. It will be most useful as a control variable for the rear exhaust fan in the BIOS.

However, since you have the Commander Pro on the way, you might want to wait. It will have 4 temp probes (if needed) and you can run it from the C-Pro to the same place. Then that becomes a useful control variable for the rear fans and the C-Pro will be the control device, instead of the BIOS. Once you get the C-Pro, you won't have any more fans on the motherboard headers (except the H150i dummy lead). If will also give you desktop control of all 6 ML fans in the system.

Are the top fans intake or exhaust?

At this point, I'd suggest placing the thermistor just above the GPU. That's likely to be the warmest part of the case due to heat from the GPU. You'll also get some warming from the radiator's waste heat but I don't think that'll be as much of an issue.

I spent a ton of time talking to C-Attack yesterday on fan config. The 3 fans in the front that are mounted to the radiator are push intake fans. The 2 on the top, and 1 on the back, are all exhaust fans. I was going to run with that config for awhile, and see how it works. I'm open to additional suggestions though. What is the best way to tape the temp probes? AKA - what kind of tape? Thanks again for the help guys!

My son has an ASUS z370-e. Did our build yesterday. The mb came with one thermoprobe. Where’s the best spot to place this?

For me as I have a custom loop and MB w/ two of these type of headers. I used one for outside ambient temp as well as fluid temp. There are lots of probes on motherboards, GPU, and CPU.

Ambient might will show you the temp difference between outside the case and allow you to compare, though I don't know if any fan software can use this data for any complex fan curve. The GPU exhaust might be another option as the GPU is pretty temp sensitive.