Corsair Community

iCue fans freezes when playing a game

gnj0715

My fans that are connected to my Commander Pro just freezes at a certain RPM when I'm playing a game. I have them set up to increase/decrease RPM based on my GPU temp. The only fix I have is to basically just restart the PC. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Which version of iCUE? Yes, I have noticed some anomalies, but they are not consistent between installations of the current 3.4.95. One thing to try before restarting is quit iCUE, open task manager and quit the Corsair Service as well, then re-launch iCUE. Most of the time this does the trick, without the bother of a full restart.

Did you mean the fan readout freezes? Or the entire app freezes?

Edited by c-attack
Stupid predictive text

Which version of iCUE? Yes, I have noticed some anomalies, but there are consistent between installations of the current 3.4.95. One thing to try before restarting is quit iCUE, open task manager and quit the Corsair Service as well, then re-launch iCUE. Most of the time this does the trick, without the bother of a full restart.

Did you mean the fan readout freezes? Or the entire app freezes?

iCue version: 3.4.95

I tried doing that trick also. When I quit the Corsair Service, all of my fans completely shuts down and when I re-open the app, the fans won't turn back on anymore. So I end up restarting the PC as well.

Yes, it's the readout on the iCue dashboard that freezes. The fans stays at the RPM where the readout froze.

Unsure. This happened to me as well 5 times in the first 24 hours on 3.2. What I did was click on the curve tools to the right. The first one is probably closest to what you have. Then shape it back to what you need, not by dragging the points, but entering in the data in the boxes on the left. Use even numbers (800, 950, 1200, etc). This is completely unscientific, but it has never happened again. This works for some, not for others, but easy enough to try.

I assume this affect the Commander Pro and nothing else?

Unsure. This happened to me as well 5 times in the first 24 hours on 3.2. What I did was click on the curve tools to the right. The first one is probably closest to what you have. Then shape it back to what you need, not by dragging the points, but entering in the data in the boxes on the left. Use even numbers (800, 950, 1200, etc). This is completely unscientific, but it has never happened again. This works for some, not for others, but easy enough to try.

I assume this affect the Commander Pro and nothing else?

Ok, I'll try this one out. If it doesn't work out, I'll just deal with it for a while.

Yeah, only the Commander Pro is affected. The others are running fine.

Thanks for the tips!