Corsair Community

W key peeling after one month of use

raverr

Hi

Last month I bought a K70 lux rgb keyboard for dialy and gaming use. It's a great keyboard but I just found the W key has started to peel.

Rwmer9Z.png

At the moment it is still subtle but I guess it will get worse with usage :(:

Is there any way to purchase replacements for WASD keys? If they peel often due to my dialy use, I'd like to buy (perhaps) 10 sets of WASD keys so I have replacements for months and years :cool:

The only option I see for buying official keycap replacements is to buy the entire set of 140 keys and I only want those keycaps that I use most (wasd in this case since I use them on FPS games).

PS: I have the rough WASD keys that come with the K70 but I don't feel confortable using them, I love smooth keys!

Hi

Last month I bought a K70 lux rgb keyboard for dialy and gaming use. It's a great keyboard but I just found the W key has started to peel.

Rwmer9Z.png

At the moment it is still subtle but I guess it will get worse with usage :(:

Is there any way to purchase replacements for WASD keys? If they peel often due to my dialy use, I'd like to buy (perhaps) 10 sets of WASD keys so I have replacements for months and years :cool:

The only option I see for buying official keycap replacements is to buy the entire set of 140 keys and I only want those keycaps that I use most (wasd in this case since I use them on FPS games).

PS: I have the rough WASD keys that come with the K70 but I don't feel confortable using them, I love smooth keys!

I have a K70 Lux as well and I have had it for years. I haven't seen any of these symptoms. Might just be a bad batch or something. Do you use any type of cleaner on the keyboard that might be to harsh?