Corsair Community

Is Link needed?

classicrock71

Probably not, but I think there are a few pieces of hardware that do not have iCUE support yet despite what is suggested. I don't see anything on your system specs, but that may not be complete.

Here is the supported list. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176104. Some new pieces are missing as well, like the AX1600i.

Edited by c-attack

Certainly. If you check out the iCUE landing page and scroll all the way to the bottom, you can see a layout. However, it is customization and there a lot of ways to make it look. You also have the option of a side bar display (CUE space) that can useful on big or extra wide monitors.

There is one notable thing to mention in regard to monitoring differences between LINK and iCUE. Link has the pop out graphs that are short duration, but accurately keep track of min/max over a session. iCUE has some very flexible graphing tools and you can look at value over 1, 5, 10, 30, 60 min intervals to see patterns. Nice to go back and look at how the gaming session affected Temp XX after the fact rather than trying to keep track during. However, as of this moment, iCUE still does not display min/max values like other programs and you must use the graph for this.

Also note neither Link 4.9.7 nor any of the iCUE versions currently track drive temps, HD, SSD, or m.2.