Corsair Community

New RGB PC Build Advice

dbgager

I have purchased the Corsair Crystal 570X Case. My cooling I have purchased in the Cooler Master ML 240 RGB Liquid Cooler . My mother board is the Asus Maximus Hero z370 with AuraSync. This motherboard has 2 RGB headers and a single addressable RGB header. I have purchased 3 additional SL120 fans from Corsair also. The same used in the case. These fans however are 52 CFM . Not 66 CFM like the ones used in the cooler. I also have the Trident Z RGB memory. There is a lot of competing RGB standards going on here I realize. There is a controller both in the case and one for the cooler. My question is if anybody would have an idea on what would be the best way to get them working together in the best way possible.

Thank you for any advice.

Actually the cooler is listed on the Asus page as Aura Sync Compatible. That is the main reason I purchased it. I guess the best course is to tie it to the motherboard and let Aura Sync control the cooler, memory and motherboard RGB, I guess my question is what is my options to get the case fans to play nice with the AuraSYnc lighting. Edited by dbgager

Well that was not really an option as I really did not like any of the AuraSync supported cases. I guess my only option is to run 2 RGB control systems at the same time. Thanks.

I feel it would be a benefit for manufacturers to all get on the same train and have just one standard of linking all this RGB stuff up together . Asus is probably the largest motherboard, GPU, and peripheral manufacturer in the world Making your products AuraSync compatible seems like a good way to sell more, and also make it easier on the PC builder.

Edited by dbgager

Hey, hey!

Alright, glad to read you're alright with doing that. My initial impression was you wanted everything to run off of AuraSync, but that is just how it is in this RGB market. Everyone wants a share and would rather you use their components vs. another or doing a mix/match.

I'm just as you though, with an Asus mobo. Thankfully AuraSync doesn't need to be open to run, so I simply use static matching colour scheme with my motherboard lights, ram, cpu fan, gfx card and case.

My keyboard, mouse, headset, headset stand, rgb strips and fans are all Corsair.

Never ran into any conflicts.