Corsair Community

If this is the wrong forum, my apologies. Please redirect me.

I own a Corsair Carbide Air 740. Currently, it has one 140mm rear fan, two 140mm top fans, and three 120mm radiator fans on my TT Water 3.0 Ultimate AOI cooler. Corsair's 360 rad wasn't on the market at the time.

My MOBO is a Strix Z370F. CPU is 8600K. GPU is STRIX GTX1080TiOC

I would like to replace all my fans with RGBs, running off one controller. Aura Sync would be nice, as it would tie in with the MOBO/GPU lights. But this is not totally necessary. I have the MOBO/GPU set up in temperature mode - different colors for different temps. So, the fans can be on a separate circuit.

Please advise me what Corsair hubs, controllers and fans to buy, and how to wire them up to which of my MOBO's headers. My case has that button on the front panel for Corsair RGB fans. I don't have to use it, but it's an option.

Many thanks.

Iain

You can go with a Corsair Commander Pro. I think I got mine with the H115i AIO. But you can buy it separately. I connect all my fans (6 in total) to it. I recently upgraded to the ML RGB fans. The 120mm 3 pack comes with the rgb lighting hub so you can connect all rgb cables from all fans to it. This hub connects to the Commander Pro so you can control all aspects of the Commander Pro, fans, RGB from ICUE. Just a heads up on the rgb fans if you didn't know, they have two cables. One is for fan control and other is for rgb control. I used double sided tape and placed the lighting hub on top of the Commander pro. Some cable ties and ba da bing ba da boom you're done.

So, just a quick question because I'm exploring my options.

Say I wanted to make use of the button on the front panel of my Air 740 case.

I've seen reviews showing SP 120s connected to it. Looks good for my front-mounted 360 rad. But what about the three 140s that I want to add to the rear and the roof? Can I connect three SP 140s to be controlled by that same button together with the SP 120s?

Oh yes, in case I can't afford to replace it, my radiator is not Corsair. It is TT. Might that be a problem at all?

Thanks.

Say I wanted to make use of the button on the front panel of my Air 740 case.

I've seen reviews showing SP 120s connected to it. Looks good for my front-mounted 360 rad. But what about the three 140s that I want to add to the rear and the roof? Can I connect three SP 140s to be controlled by that same button together with the SP 120s?

Oh yes, in case I can't afford to replace it, my radiator is not Corsair. It is TT. Might that be a problem at all?

Thanks.

The button on the front of the case is manual electric switch in the classic sense. The original RGB fans (HD series) had a manual controller that could have ONE of its functions tied to it. It is just a light switch, on/off and very basic. It has no useful purpose when it comes to the current state of RGB control. You absolutely want a software interface and this is more or less required for all of the current gear. That interface is either a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro (same with fan controller and temps probes). The button is not useful for anything particular, but if you are enterprising you might some other use for it in the system.

Assuming you have the non-RGB pump TT that comes to mind, it will not make any difference if you do not get the H150i. I am not familiar with the RGB ring version and it may have some software requirements of its own.

The other decision is if you want to continue to let the BIOS control fans or shift the control over the iCUE software. If so, you want the Commander Pro instead of a Lighting Node Pro (LNP). The LNP is included in some of the multi-packs, depending on fan type.

You can mix and match fans sizes (120 and 140mm), but not types on the same controller. Most people are better of going with one fan type. All of them are multi-purpose design and can be case or radiator fans. I would opt for a PWM version and would choose the ML-RGB over the SP-RGB (DC).

Archived