Corsair Community

Colors on Boot Up

CC268

Hey guys,

I just updated to iCUE. I could have sworn on the older versions there was some sort of setting to set your color scheme on bootup. Right now when I boot up it uses my older color scheme and then reverts to the new color scheme I imported once fully booted up.

How can I get the new color scheme to stick on boot up?

Thanks.

I think what the author means is why does the old profile become active during the boot sequence before finally yielding to the new profile once iCUE loads. That part is by design. The hardware profile will always be active when the software is not running. Then the software becomes dominant once it loads. Your active software profile in CUE 2 happened to be the same as what was saved to K70. However, I am not sure we have the "save to device" options in iCUE yet, at least in the same way as Link/CUE 2. I am using my K70 LUX right now for a change, but I am running the old software and can't check. We need someone running iCUE with a K70 LUX to see if you can save a basic profile to board.

Don't roll back without exporting or backing up the App Data folder or you will loose your profiles.

Today i received my Corasir K65 RGB Rapidfire to use it at work and found the icon in iCUE 3.4 to save current profile to onboard memory. For my K70 RGB Rapidfire, that i use at home there are no same icon. It looks like this is a little bug in iCUE that don't show this icon for K70.

• 3 months later...
I think what the author means is why does the old profile become active during the boot sequence before finally yielding to the new profile once iCUE loads. That part is by design. The hardware profile will always be active when the software is not running. Then the software becomes dominant once it loads. Your active software profile in CUE 2 happened to be the same as what was saved to K70. However, I am not sure we have the "save to device" options in iCUE yet, at least in the same way as Link/CUE 2. I am using my K70 LUX right now for a change, but I am running the old software and can't check. We need someone running iCUE with a K70 LUX to see if you can save a basic profile to board.

Don't roll back without exporting or backing up the App Data folder or you will loose your profiles.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but is there a fix for this in iCue yet??

• 2 months later...
As far as I know, the option is there. The only devices it doesn't show on is on the devices that have HW profiles. Can I get a screenshot of where the missing option is?

If I am understanding the problem correctly, it's the same one that I'm having. I see some screenshots of iCUE that have options that I do not have. Albeit in the screenshots the individual was using a different device, so perhaps my keyboard just doesn't have the same functionality.

I'm using a K70 RGB Lux and I do not have the option to save anything to the keyboard itself, if iCUE is not open then I'm stuck using a lighting scheme of all red except white on W,A,S,D and directional keys.

So, if the OP is having the same issue as me, when booting the computer they're getting an old scheme, possibly they found a way to save their old scheme to the device on the old CUE software. Then once iCUE boots, it starts using one of the schemes that is setup in iCUE.

Here are the screenshots of what iCUE looks like for some, and the screenshots of those options missing for me.

https://imgur.com/a/ubSeg0I

The screen shots you included are for the K70 Mk.2 series that has on 3 on board memory slots. Your K70 RGB LUX does not work that way and you need to use the "save to device" feature from the drop down menu at the top of the profile list. However, this feature is not working correctly for multiple devices in iCUE 3.10. Others have reported being able to roll back to iCUE 3.9, make the save, and then reinstall 3.10. Be aware you will loose all your profiles in this process unless you export and save them, or perhaps the better option is to save your settings in the C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder. Copy it to the desktop before removing iCUE. Drop it back in to the same place after reinstalling iCUE 3.10. This will preserve program Links, icons, pictures, and your profile order without the need to re-import one by one. You might also simply wait it out another week or two until iCUE 3.11 comes around.

Archived