Corsair Community

right ram for right board

roadzy

I currently have a DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb. I had posted something a while ago and was told it would work but the board was only single channel and the ram was duel channel (ram being Corsair 3200-XLPRO). I got the duel channel because of my last board being a DFI Infinity (it had duel channel). Now I should have listened to candy kid and went with the 939 socket and the 3500+ which now i'm moving to. I'm gonna build a computer for my brother and use my current 3400+ and the 754.

1. So what I'm first looking for is what would be good ram that is single channel that I can pick up for the DFI board?

2. Ok so this time i'm going to listen. I'm looking at the 3500+ (939) and the Asus nForce4 SLI Chipset. (Linkage) I'm gonna look up some reviews on that board but I need a board that runs duel channel with these 3200-XLpros. Is the nForce 4 Ultra better? Any help is appriciated!

• Corsair Employees

And yes to clairfiy your question.

XMS3200 would be Cass 3-3-3-8 and XMS3200C2 would be tested at Cass 2.5-3-3-6 on AMD but would have thier SPD set to JEDEC defined settings. But yes either module will run in that MB you asked about!

• 2 weeks later...

3200C2:

CAS Latency: 2 on Intel, 2.5 on AMD

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

3200XL:

CAS Latency: 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2

Row Precharge (tRP): 2

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5

is that power for both boards?

Hey Ram Guy... update on the PCs... got both built and working fine. I honestly think that DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb board is running better with the C2 ram then the XLpros. Can't explain it but its night and day with the ram. The A8N-Deluxe is super fast. Ram runs stable at the 2-2-2-5 timings. The only thing i'm a little iffy about is when I bought the motherboard/cpu it was put as a combo and i guess http://www.monarchcomputers.com pretests it for you. I'm going to have to find out if they put thermalpaste on it cuz it runs 40 idle and i would like to see to get it down a little bit. And the only other issue is my BFG 6800GT OC seems to run high also it says idle 72 but doesn't seem to increase when pushed. Any suggestions from any one out there on how to cool my pc down, i'll be glad to listen!

Archived