Corsair Community

1000D & VI Extreme mounting questions...

RandallMiller

I'm installing the MB and the standoffs at the I/O seem to be perfect and match for the first three points....BUT the others 5 seem set above the standoffs and the alignment standoff doesn't poke through.....It looks like if I had longer screws this would be ok...but with the VI having the shield on the back of the MB I thought I would ask....FYI first PC build since windows 98......so things have changed a bit

I'm installing the MB and the standoffs at the I/O seem to be perfect and match for the first three points....BUT the others 5 seem set above the standoffs and the alignment standoff doesn't poke through.....It looks like if I had longer screws this would be ok...but with the VI having the shield on the back of the MB I thought I would ask....FYI first PC build since windows 98......so things have changed a bit

You want to make sure your all of your standoffs match the mounting holes for the motherboard. You can create a short and fry your motherboard. It is a little hard to understand what you are talking about longer screws, though you might have something in between the motherboard and case?