Corsair Community

Problem with Hardware (or software)

Z.S

I only just finished installing my previous parts (only replaced case/cooler/fans) in to a new case and as a result I had to swap out the cooler

(previous case/parts) Replacement parts

Corsair Obsidian 450D Corsair Crystal Series 570x Mirror Black TG

Corsair ML120 Pro (x1) Corsair ML120 Pro (same one from previous PC)

Corsair ML140 LED (white x2) Corsair LL120 (x6)

Corsair H115i Corsair H80i v2 (got it on discount from a store that was closing down)

I had the ML140 as intake at front attached to the H115i and exhausting through the rear of the case (Obsidian 450D)

now I have 6 LL120's three as intake three as exhaust and the top intake fan has the H80i attached to it as well as the ML120 for push/pull configuration

when I mounted the the fans I had 3 LL fans in the front as intake two in the top as exhause and one as exhaust in the back

when I mounted cooler the only way I could mount mount it without too much problems and clearance issues was to have the radiator connected to the top intake fan in push/pull

I have had a range of issues with this build of which 2 are major

1) For some reason the temperatures are way too high (the temps are usually 60c-65c max like 40c at start and go up to like 60c-80c when using chrome with normal set of background processes) (is the pump dead or what) (when I have all background processes off the temps go down to 50c-60c on chrome as I noticed this when windows closed all programs to try to shutdown PC for update)

2) The last fan connected to the commander Pro is not recognised

3) this is a smaller issue as it does not hinder performance or longevity of main parts but the LED's on the RGB logo's on the case do not light up when I have the connected to a Lighting Node Pro (LNP is connected to a internal USB port on my Corsair Commander Pro)

I spent such a long freaking time doing this and do not want to go through all the trouble and hassle again and again and then go break something The case I am using does NOT have enough cable space (as I initially thought it would) for me to mount as much fans as the case allows as well as space for the Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, four RGB strips as well as 2 LED control boxes one for the 6 fans and one for the case logo LED's besides the usual cables for the MOBO/CPU/GPU and one secondary HDD

Edited by Z.S

1) Those temps are absolutely way too high. How quickly do they increase? It sounds like almost immediately. What is the temperature of the pump? Have you double checked the mounting? Did you fully clean the past off of the CPU before mounting the new cooler (though this won't make this kind of difference)?

2) Are you using iCue or Link?

3) I'm assuming that the NoPro is visible in iCue and Link. Have you tried to rearrange the strips?

1) Those temps are absolutely way too high. How quickly do they increase? It sounds like almost immediately. What is the temperature of the pump? Have you double checked the mounting? Did you fully clean the past off of the CPU before mounting the new cooler (though this won't make this kind of difference)?

2) Are you using iCue or Link?

3) I'm assuming that the NoPro is visible in iCue and Link. Have you tried to rearrange the strips?

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY

(My PC stopped turning on then I noticed that the cable for the power button was loose) (I use iCUE as I have Corsair mouse/keyboard/headset and RGB mouse mat and yes the LNP is noticed by iCUE)

and I noticed the CPU cooler bracket was a bit loose after sorting out the cables but when fixing both these issues the temps seem to be the exact same as before even when I use different monitoring software such as HWMonitor

also I would like to know EXACTLY how people manage to rear mount a CPU cooler especially hard tubes as when I try to mount on at the rear and then try to bend the tubing for mounting to the CPU it seems like it will break or cause some sort of leakage

I worked out the temp problems I think as one tube on RAD seems a lot hotter than the other tube (may be due to the fact that that particular tube is the one where liquid exits the pump but the difference is way too noticable) another problem I can see on the cooler is that the led is flashing and I know for a fact that all Corsair coolers besides the "Pro" series do not have any lighting control besides on or off and some may have the ability to change the colour and I noticed that the LED is not as bright as usual

Edited by Z.S