Corsair Community

Corsair Commander PRO

netsez

This is a long story, bear with me :) I decided to build a new PC using an HP Omen X case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L825F1C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is my part list

CPU: Intel Intel Core i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200

Video Card: Nvidia Titan XP

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650FX

Storage: SAMSUNG 500GB 970 EVO MZ-V7E500BW

CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H60

Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse Pad: Corsair MM 800 Mouse Pad

During construction I had trouble getting the case lights to work. After contacting HP I was told that the lights needed to be attached to an RGB header on the motherboard. This was a huge problem because the motherboard I picked did not have one. I was not really interested in a lot of RGB in my case at first, but I really want the case lights to work so I am going to buy an RGB controller. Here is were I need advice. If I need an RGB controller for the case lights I might as well get a bit fancy and add color to my fans.

Since I have a good amount of Corsair products I was planning on buying the Corsair Commander Pro. Will these fan frames work with it?

http://www.phanteks.com/HalosLux.html

Thanks

The Commander Pro is a fan controller that also offers the capability to interface with the Corsair Link/CUE/iCUE software packages, which is what you will use the for the K95P and MM800. While the fan controller part will make those Phanteks fans spin, you won't have lighting control. You can see on the product page which control systems it will work with. Corsair is not listed. Since you already need to run CUE/iCUE for the keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and cooler, it would seem like a good idea to go with Corsair RGB fans as well. With iCUE, they can have their lighting patterns linked together. I promise you, mixing and matching RGB software control systems will not be a rewarding experience. You have the LL, HD, and ML-RGB series to pick from. Don't mix and match. Just go with one. Theoretically, you could also go with regular fans and use RGB strips which also work through the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro, but I am not sure how much you will benefit from strips in that case. You might say the same thing about the fans. It looks like it will be subtle lighting through the mesh.

Also, there isn't enough information on the case page to tell us if the LEDs in the case are 12v or 5v. That would be a key element in whether they will work with the Commander Pro.

This is a long story, bear with me :) I decided to build a new PC using an HP Omen X case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L825F1C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is my part list

CPU: Intel Intel Core i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200

Video Card: Nvidia Titan XP

Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650FX

Storage: SAMSUNG 500GB 970 EVO MZ-V7E500BW

CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H60

Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse Pad: Corsair MM 800 Mouse Pad

During construction I had trouble getting the case lights to work. After contacting HP I was told that the lights needed to be attached to an RGB header on the motherboard. This was a huge problem because the motherboard I picked did not have one. I was not really interested in a lot of RGB in my case at first, but I really want the case lights to work so I am going to buy an RGB controller. Here is were I need advice. If I need an RGB controller for the case lights I might as well get a bit fancy and add color to my fans.

Since I have a good amount of Corsair products I was planning on buying the Corsair Commander Pro. Will these fan frames work with it?

http://www.phanteks.com/HalosLux.html

Thanks

After some googling, the case might already have a built in controller:

The Asus Z272G fits into the Omen X chassis with ease . Note: The Z272G has two USB 2 headers and one USB 3 header. The Omen X require two USB 2 and two USB 3 connections. I installed a USB 2 expansion because I need two USB2 to use for my CPU cooler and power supply "Corsair Link". I also installed a "Y" USB 3 splitter and connected both of the omen X USB 3 cables. Once all these things were connected Simultaneously the RGB lighting is controllable using the omen x control program.

You might need a splitter for the RGB.

If you want to do some RGB fans, I would just go with Corsair's LNP or CoPro, the CoPro might help you more as it has 2x USB headers on it. Also put a flash light where the fans mount and see if you see any light through the mesh. Why get RGB lights if you can't see them in the case? I would avoid the Halos as you don't have any where to plug them into and those analog RGB headers won't work with Corsair products, so you would need a 3rd item to control the lighting. The HD-120 fans are the brightest.

To be honest I don't know much about this case and there isn't a lot of easy to get information.

I'm fairly confident that the Phanteks HalosLux aren't going to work with the Commander Pro. They list compatibility with Aura, Mystic Light and RGB Fusion - these are typically only 12V. Some of the newer motherboards do have a 5V addressable header but those aren't as common.