Corsair Community

Driver Problem H100i V2

DaZa1626865792

Hello,

sorry if this is the wrong section.

i've upgraded my PC with the MB Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 and i've a problem with Corsair Link software. The software doesn't detect the H100i v2.

If i check the driver interface it reports the code error 43: Request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I'm sure that the cooler is installed correctly as suggested by the instruction.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you for the support.

DaZa

Have you checked to make sure that the fan header that the pump is connected to is set to full power/100%/fan control disabled?

See section B in the cooler FAQ.

Yes, i'm sure of that.

I guess it's a software problem with the new motherboard because with the old one i've never had problem.

Do you know how can i solve that driver problem?

I would uninstall the driver and delete all files.

From there, you can try to reinstall Link (it should reinstall the driver) or you can install iCue, which should also install the drive. iCue, however, has a \drivers folder where you can manually install the driver.

Additionally, lest I forget, make sure that you've installed the chipset drivers for the motherboard. Even if Windows detects them, it doesn't always put the correct drivers in place.

Finally ... what's the RPM reading of the fan header that's powering the cooler?

I would uninstall the driver and delete all files.

From there, you can try to reinstall Link (it should reinstall the driver) or you can install iCue, which should also install the drive. iCue, however, has a \drivers folder where you can manually install the driver.

How can i manually install the driver? I've tried to install iCue but the driver problem persirst.

Additionally, lest I forget, make sure that you've installed the chipset drivers for the motherboard. Even if Windows detects them, it doesn't always put the correct drivers in place.

I've installed all driver of this page: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Extreme4/index.asp#Download

Finally ... what's the RPM reading of the fan header that's powering the cooler?

Min 1430 RPM Max 1437 RPM Always...

How can i manually install the driver? I've tried to install iCue but the driver problem persirst.

Yes, it's in the \Drivers\siusbxp folder. Are you you can force it to update the driver in Device Manager and navigate to that folder.

OK, that should be correct. Also, try making sure that Fast Boot is OFF in your BIOS and that XHCI handoff is ENABLED.

Min 1430 RPM Max 1437 RPM Always...

OK, that's correct. It'll translate to ~2860 RPM on the pump.

What happens if you disable and then re-enable the driver? You mentioned that you rebuilt the system ... is there anything else new besides the motherboard? What GPU are you running? Can you fill out ALL of your system details?

Yes, it's in the \Drivers\siusbxp folder. Are you you can force it to update the driver in Device Manager and navigate to that folder.

I can't. Windows block me. "The optimal driver are already installed".

OK, that should be correct. Also, try making sure that Fast Boot is OFF in your BIOS and that XHCI handoff is ENABLED.

Now the XHCI handoff is on but the problem persirst.

OK, that's correct. It'll translate to ~2860 RPM on the pump.

What happens if you disable and then re-enable the driver? You mentioned that you rebuilt the system ... is there anything else new besides the motherboard? What GPU are you running? Can you fill out ALL of your system details?

It install the same problem again xD

My spec: GTX 970, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3200, case nzxt 440h v2, i5-8600k.

I can't. Windows block me. "The optimal driver are already installed".

Now the XHCI handoff is on but the problem persirst.

It install the same problem again xD

My spec: GTX 970, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3200, case nzxt 440h v2, i5-8600k.

What's the OEM of GTX 970? And please put in your system specs rather than in a post - it's far easier to reference when folks are trying to help you.

What happens if you disable/re-enable the driver? Do you have another other RGB-related or system software running, specifically anything that attempts to read the values of the cooler?

Finally, have you looked at the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature?

What's the OEM of GTX 970? And please put in your system specs rather than in a post - it's far easier to reference when folks are trying to help you.

What happens if you disable/re-enable the driver? Do you have another other RGB-related or system software running, specifically anything that attempts to read the values of the cooler?

Finally, have you looked at the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature?

The 970 is a Gigabyte OC. Now i will set them.

If i disable and re-enable the driver nothing happens. I can hear the classic "Tu-tu" but the problem persist and the error message of the driver too.

No i haven't. Not when window starts. I use HWMonitor.

Yes i've looked them. Is there anyone which i should pay more attention?

Sorry if the english isn't perfect.

Does HWMonitor read the values from the cooler (fan speed, pump speed, temperature)? If so, disable that functionality. The coolers run in "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only one application accessing them at a time.

It not start with window. Do you mean that i must uninstall it?

Anyway i can see in HWMonitor a strange thing. It can't read the pump speed but only the fan speed.

• 1 month later...

Archived