Corsair Community

New and so lost member

pbb

Hi... my first post.

I have tried to get my head around how to power my RGB in my C700p case correct. i have asked corsair on fb, i have asked retailer. and everyone gives me a headspin like never before.

My setup is in my profile if you need to know( i guess you do).

to make my ML140 RGB PRO fans do the "thing", corsair sai i need the commander and the hub, fair enough.., then some retailer says i need the ligning aswell... fare enough... so i have commander pro, lightning pro, the hub, a heapload of cables, and nothing works.. userfriendly info on how to put this together? Corsair fail epic on the customerpart.. even a 12 yo girl could do it better.. anyway.. i have been told almost everything in every direction how to make this play along... HEEELP..

btw,,, i found a diagram in her that loooked good... that was a nogo...then i tried icue.. : NOGO... now my fans won even spin at all and to top it of.. win10 tell me that port 9-11 on mb (2.0 usb ports) are infacr 3.0 ports.. so commander won start...WTF...

HEEELP someone!!

Corsairstaff... start figurering how customer experience works... and do it fast... the $ are fading by the millions FAST

How many fans are we working with here?

It looks like your motherboard has 2 USB 2.0 internal headers - that's based on the pictures, not looking at the manual. You will need to make sure that you install the drivers from Asus for them to be recognized correctly.

For your fans ... you have two connectors. 1 for the actual fan itself. This needs to be plugged into a fan header. This can be on your motherboard or it can be on the CoPro. The second one is for the RGB. This gets plugged into an RGB Fan Hub. If you got a multipack of ML-RGB fans, it will come with the fan hub. The fan hub is then connected to either the Lighting Node Pro or the Commander Pro LED channel. To drive the RGB, you need EITHER a Commander Pro (CoPro) or a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro). Not both. The CoPro will give you full control over the fans (RGB and fan speed). The NoPro will only control the lighting - fan speed will need to be controlled by your motherboard.

Oki. I removed the nopro. connections are as follows: usb 2.0 mainboard port 9 > CoPro, fan speed 1-3, fan rgb in the hub 1-3 (connected to CoPro in led 1) with a 2 wire cable (3 pin). RGB ledstrips x 3 in led 2 on CoPro. Fans still not spinning after restart. I also have the H115 link cable connected to the usb 1 on the CoPro, and the corsair link cable are in the usb 2 on the CoPro and to the RM750i. thats about it. Ledtrips working ok, Fans are dead, both speed and light. when i look into device manager i dont see the CoPro at all, looking for hidden hubs, i see 1 hub that have the feilcode 45 and msg "The USB hub failed to reset." When i open corsair link i can see the copro, but no fans. i have tried to manuelly start fan 1-3 by choosing 4 pin. no luck. All the drivers have been opdated, bios updated, speedstart disabled, DRAM write enabled.

im outta more ideas.

i did a fast search on the web about resettting usb ports. MS solution was to uninstall 1 by 1, then turn the pc off, reconnect usb missing(CoPro) then start it up and let windows fire up and reinstall the usb. done, and still... no... no fans, no CoPro in device manager, only thing i see is a corsair USBXp driver (h115i).

Edited by pbb

The CoPro doesn't show up in Device Manager as "Commander Pro". You can use USBDeView (from nirsoft) to see if it's being registered. The VID is 1b1c and the PID is 0c10.

That said, something does seem amiss with the Commander Pro and/or the fans.

Do the fans spin when connected to a motherboard header?

In Link, does the CoPro provide any readings? Can you show the Link configuration screen for the CoPro?

If you connect the NoPro, does anything light up? Does Link see the NoPro? Note that you can use a standard mini USB to USB-A cable to plug it into a rear I/O slot.

Do the fans spin when connected to a motherboard header?

Yes, all 3, the fun part i tried. i tried port 4-6 on CoPro, the fans do spin only on port4.

In Link, does the CoPro provide any readings? Can you show the Link configuration screen for the CoPro?

https://gyazo.com/d545fa8cb8a63c7f8bd8622ea8913052

gif i made of CL: https://gyazo.com/bc8d8d2b638329bce18615e96021c32c

If you connect the NoPro, does anything light up? Does Link see the NoPro?

Nothing ligths up, but CoPro do see it (didnt have it connected on the gif)

USBViewAll.txt

Edited by pbb

i did edit the post abit. try again :-p

the leds are on CoPro, configured:

led channel 1: 3 x strips. all working ok

led channel 2: 3 x ML fans , no one is working