Corsair Community

If a Corsair fan dies, what are it's last words?

solarity

iCUit

:laughing: Thought everyone needed a pick me up! Note I haven't had a Corsair fan die on me, just a stupid joke that came to me. I just ordered 2 more 3x HD-120s packs :bigeyes:

I have a warped/poor/Dad sense of humor, if mods think this in bad taste, please remove.

iCUit

:laughing: Thought everyone needed a pick me up! Note I haven't had a Corsair fan die on me, just a stupid joke that came to me. I just ordered 2 more 3x HD-120s packs :bigeyes:

I have a warped/poor/Dad sense of humor, if mods think this in bad taste, please remove.

Funny joke, but the serious answer is...

Q: What are the last words of a dying Corsair fan?

A: Forget trying to replace me under warranty!

Corsair was trying to make me "PROVE" one of my H115i fan died, I finally gave up and spent over $65 USD to replace both fans with EK Vardars rather than them give up one of their $15 USD replacement fans.

Nightmare story to be continued by quoting the Corsair employee in this thread.

And I almost choked on my coffee. Thanks!

Oh Really? Well here is a real reason a Corsair employee should be choking on their coffee.

A few days after receiving my $200 USD K95 Platinum RGB Gunmetal, I called in complaining that there was a defect in the volume roller switch. While scrolling up for volume up, there was a very noticeable scratching sound. This sound was not present while scrolling volume down. The tech on the phone tells me that is a known issue and that he was at that very moment using the same keyboard, and on his keyboard it was doing the same thing, and demonstrated to let me hear it. He then tells me that over time it will stop making the sound. I complain that it is obviously some kind of defect and for what I had paid I feel that the keyboard should be replaced with a non-defective one.

Now swallow your coffee, would hate to have you actually choke on it, or god forbid, end up spitting it all over your keyboard..........

His reply? Just look up the problem on YouTube and you will discover what is causing the sound and how to fix it yourself.

And with that, I ended our, IMO, unethical tech support inquiry.

Had another issue with another product from the same order, but will save that story for another day. Suffice to say that though Corsair products look nice, IMO, build quality is questionable, and customer support is downright sewer level.

Oh Really? Well here is a real reason a Corsair employee should be choking on their coffee.

A few days after receiving my $200 USD K95 Platinum RGB Gunmetal, I called in complaining that there was a defect in the volume roller switch. While scrolling up for volume up, there was a very noticeable scratching sound. This sound was not present while scrolling volume down. The tech on the phone tells me that is a known issue and that he was at that very moment using the same keyboard, and on his keyboard it was doing the same thing, and demonstrated to let me hear it. He then tells me that over time it will stop making the sound. I complain that it is obviously some kind of defect and for what I had paid I feel that the keyboard should be replaced with a non-defective one.

Now swallow your coffee, would hate to have you actually choke on it, or god forbid, end up spitting it all over your keyboard..........

His reply? Just look up the problem on YouTube and you will discover what is causing the sound and how to fix it yourself.

And with that, I ended our, IMO, unethical tech support inquiry.

Had another issue with another product from the same order, but will save that story for another day. Suffice to say that though Corsair products look nice, IMO, build quality is questionable, and customer support is downright sewer level.

I had the same problem. Well, after going through with 4 keyboards with serious problems, the new one just arrived working properly except for this same detail. There is a kind of loose sticker between the vol roller and the plate behind and this sticker still had some glue. So I used a business card to do the trick and to avoid open the fifth keyboard or to get it replaced. That's a shame for so expensive and flagship keyboard.

If you do the same, for my case I started from the left side sliding the card to the right side pushing the sticker against the front plate. It's weird, but works kkkkkk

Archived