Corsair Community

H100i v2 won't work in front of case?

Cosmocalypse

Yesterday I decided to move my H100i v2 from the top of my case (exhaust) to the front (intake). When I booted up, my processor began getting hotter and hotter. I immediately shut it down to see what was wrong. Everything was plugged in fine, but I decided to move the pump to the CPU header instead of the power supply because maybe the molex adapter wasn't making good connection (molex feels so fragile).

Same problem. I thought for sure my cooler had failed but I put it back up top just to see. Sure enough, upon booting the pump was making a grinding noise and the temperatures started to go back down to normal.

What's going on here? I see lots of people that have these in the front as intake. Has my coolant evaporated? Is there not enough coolant to pump it when it's in front instead of top?

How long have you had the cooler itself? It may be best to create a support ticket and have our Technical Support team further assist you.

I have had it for just a bit over a year.

Also, I can't create a support login:

"AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH THE FOLLOWING ERROR CODES:

84275029-BB54-4639-B127-B082D9FC9C81"

Edited by Cosmocalypse

It seem like there is a bit of a clog developing. When you move it, it re-positions itself, possibly good or bad. If true, you will want to follow through with the RMA procedure. If you put back on the front and it happens, tip the case one direction or another and see what happens. For the record, AIO coolers should work in any position and it must overcome gravity at some point, no matter what.

If back on CPU FAN, make sure the BIOS control is disabled or otherwise set to 100%.

You'll need someone from Corsair to help you with the support page glitch.

It seem like there is a bit of a clog developing. When you move it, it re-positions itself, possibly good or bad. If true, you will want to follow through with the RMA procedure. If you put back on the front and it happens, tip the case one direction or another and see what happens. For the record, AIO coolers should work in any position and it must overcome gravity at some point, no matter what.

If back on CPU FAN, make sure the BIOS control is disabled or otherwise set to 100%.

You'll need someone from Corsair to help you with the support page glitch.

Thanks for the comment. I think I'm done with faux water cooling for now. I'm going to get an air cooler and try that out.

I noticed after taking my H100i off I can't really hear any liquid swishing around. I have a couple other AiOs and you can hear liquid when you move those around.

Regardless, this Dark Rock Pro 4 is keeping my 6700k much cooler than my H100i was.

• Corsair Employees
Just FYI Error "002" is usually a password complexity issue. Please ensure you're following the requirements; MINIMUM 8 CHARACTERS, MAXIMUM 20 CHARACTERS. INCLUDE AT LEAST 1 UPPERCASE, 1 LOWERCASE, 1 NUMBER AND 1 SPECIAL CHARACTER. YOUR PASSWORD MAY NOT CONTAIN YOUR USERNAME.