Corsair Community

Latest iCUE using huge amount of CPU 16% all the time

DelBoyJamie

screenshot_2018_06_06.png

also mem usage is between 60mb and 130mb

this is constant usage since latest update 5th June 2018 this is huge amount to see when my total CPU usage used to be 5% idle with Link and CUE and was a little higher with previous versions of iCUE but under 10% total, now with latest its 16% just on the iCUE

doesn't seem to be working in the background as it should, because when i open up iCUE bringing it to foreground and even have the iCUE Space on its the exact same 15-16% CPU usage, but when you close both it doesn't reduce the cpu usage this is far to much on a 8 core CPU seriously for idle this is crazy

EDIT: I HAVE SEEN THIS THREAD BELOW THOUGH IM NOT RUNNING IN DEMO MODE AND IVE TRIED OTHER THINGS thankfully mine isnt 28% but still 16% is far to much

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178313

Edited by DelBoyJamie

your issue is no different than many others which is already being discussed in multiple threads. no need to create another completely new thread outside of those being discussed.

Mine has nothing to do with DEMO mode which is what others with 28% cpu usage seems to be, nothing like that is mine... and the more of us saying there is a issue quicker the problem hopefully is resolved... as Ive listed my devices and issue, none of the "fix's" someone posted does nothing for me

Mine has nothing to do with DEMO mode which is what others with 28% cpu usage seems to be, nothing like that is mine... and the more of us saying there is a issue quicker the problem hopefully is resolved... as Ive listed my devices and issue, none of the "fix's" someone posted does nothing for me

no no, it's not a "demo mode only" thread. it's a single thread for "high cpu usage of icue 3.3.103, which is exactly the issue you are experiencing, as many others in that thread, including myself. i don't use demo mode, and yet my discussion will be within that single thread where it belongs. again, no need to create multiple threads on the same issue as yours is no different than the ones in the other thread.

no no, it's not a "demo mode only" thread. it's a single thread for "high cpu usage of icue 3.3.103, which is exactly the issue you are experiencing, as many others in that thread, including myself. i don't use demo mode, and yet my discussion will be within that single thread where it belongs. again, no need to create multiple threads on the same issue as yours is no different than the ones in the other thread.

ok well i reverted back to 3.2.87 iCUE and now my CPU usage is litterally 0.2% -1% so much better so there is a serious cpu usage issue on latest version

What exactly are you using that requires icue/link? Have you tried uninstalling link? I don't know of anyone running both at once.

I'm running both. :p:

Link will ignore iCue supported devices. If you have Link installed with iCue, it basically does nothing.

I am having the same experience. the new update for iCUE is using a LOT more resources than the previous version. where was i was in the 1-2% range before, its now in the 10-13% range. This is running only iCUE with 6 RGB fans set to static lighting.

I am having the same experience. the new update for iCUE is using a LOT more resources than the previous version. where was i was in the 1-2% range before, its now in the 10-13% range. This is running only iCUE with 6 RGB fans set to static lighting.

doesnt seem to be any proper fixes the sticky "fixes" someone found doesnt help me thats mainly for demo mode and xml file thing. none of that fixed anything for me I had to revert to previous version and now my total cpu usage across all corsair process is 0.5%-1% i hope they fix asap