Corsair Community

Two questions about the Scimitar Pro

Aenra

Hello;

As per title, was hoping someone can help with the following:

- Is the Scimitar Pro capable of storing key shortcuts internally? Without needing the CUE Utility to run/be active?

(if you own an M95, think similarly to the 'Hardware Playback' option, where, once imported into the mouse, no software needed to run at all)

I know it sounds self-evident, but i already had to trash a Logitech mouse because it couldn't, so.. better to ask first.

- Somewhat related, but can i have 100% use* of the mouse with Cue disabled from startup? I wouldn't want it as a background service.

*am not interested in RGB and colored rainbows, use as in literally; the DPI, the shortcuts, etc. If the answer to this is negative, could someone explain please?

My thanks for reading :)

Edited by Aenra

1. Yes, it actually has 3 profile storage slots in the mouse memory.

2. You can toggle through the 5 DPI levels by default on all the profiles. However, the 3 profiles have different preset remaps on the 1-12 keys. It will require software use to reprogram the mouse. Would you like to know what the keys are mapped to?

• Confused 1

Would you like to know

I think you've got me covered on that, thanks! I only have one profile anyway, after it's programmed in.. the end :)

If you wouldn't mind my making certain (you appear to have omitted this), may i aso assume that things being so, i can safely disable CUE altogether? Am a bit picky in this regard, it's why i'm asking prior to purchasing the mouse.

* oh, and added some rep; again, many thanks for replying.

Correct after you save the profile to the device, then you don't need CUE anymore unless you want to save something else to the device. There are a few limitations due to running off of the device, but your options include: Macros (Keyboard events only), Text, Media, and Key Remaps (This includes the other mouse buttons). Another side effect I hear is that you cannot remap the Profile switch button on the mouse since there isn't a way to change profiles if you do.