Corsair Community

Several problems with iCUE

Vingdoloras

I recently had to upgrade to iCUE because the old CUE wouldnt recognize my new Scimitar Pro RGB and I didn't have the old CUE installer on hand to just reinstall it.

I'm having several issues with iCUE that I didn't have with the old one:

1. Saving a profile to my Strafe RGB keyboard doesn't transfer the windows lock indicator colors.

2. The lock and brightness indicators are randomly blinking off for just a moment - this is not just happening on the keyboard, iCUE is actually showing them blinking too!

3. I can't find any way to transfer a profile to the mouse.

How do I solve these issues? Is there anything obvious that I overlooked?

1 & 2) I've seem some mention of the lock button flashing/issues, but I have not seen it myself on the K95P. Check to make sure an additional lighting layer was not applied to those keys. I often find an extra rainbow wave layered into my schemes on import. Easy enough to delete once you know to look. There might be more in the iCUE section of the forum.

3) Can you elaborate a bit more? Transfer what profile to a mouse? From CUE 2 to iCUE?

Yep, iCUE totally broke my Vengeance K70 RGB (Brown). After installing iCUE 3.3.103 and restarting my system, I started getting several unrecognized USB pop ups, back to back, until I manually removed the keyboard cables. After shut down, I plugged it and booted up my system and my system refused to recognize the keyboard. No lights, couldn't type. I tried looking for the previous version on the utility but no software archives available on the support page, quite sad Corsair!

I have now installed CUE 2.9.53, the keyboard works, but the lighting is totally broken. When I run the older version, the lighting turns off, no lights work. When I quit the application, the lights turn on (some broken, meaning random keys have greens and blues while the majority of keys have red which was my configuration)

Please fix this ASAP. And for the love of god, please let users download older software versions from your official support page. I shouldn't have to Google for older versions!

For now I will be on the older CUE software. Lighring doesn't work, but hey, the keyboard work. What a waste of a Sunday, trying to fix what you broke Corsair.