Corsair Community

Obsidian 500D with Asus ROG Crosshair VII - Mounting?

nullandvoid

Ok, so I just got my Asus Crosshair VII (w/WiFi) motherboard and proceeded to try to mount it in the 500D case. I seem to be running into a bit of a problem.

Though it doesn't seem to be called out anywhere specifically it seems logical to use the stainless steel screws with the rubber grommet supplied with the 500D case, however the shouldered portion of the screw is too thick to fit through the holes in the motherboard even without the rubber grommets on.

Since this doesn't seem to be workable should I assume that I need to go get my own screws and insulating washers to mount this particular motherboard?

As a side note while I built several of my own computers years ago, it has been a while so I could be missing something, but that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Ok, so I just got my Asus Crosshair VII (w/WiFi) motherboard and proceeded to try to mount it in the 500D case. I seem to be running into a bit of a problem.

Though it doesn't seem to be called out anywhere specifically it seems logical to use the stainless steel screws with the rubber grommet supplied with the 500D case, however the shouldered portion of the screw is too thick to fit through the holes in the motherboard even without the rubber grommets on.

Since this doesn't seem to be workable should I assume that I need to go get my own screws and insulating washers to mount this particular motherboard?

As a side note while I built several of my own computers years ago, it has been a while so I could be missing something, but that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Typically you just make sure the standoffs attached to the case match the holes on the motherboard. Then you place the motherboard on top of the stand offs and screw them in. I remember years ago they use to have some type of paper insulator, though I have never seen any rubber grommets. Make sure to install the IO plate before you put the MB in.