Corsair Community

780T Case front fan LEDs

Madarel

Just have a simple question, is there any way to change the color on the White 780T Corsair stock front case fans? I've done some poking around and am new to building my own PC, I'm not so keen on replacing them completely if I can avoid it. As a side note, any RGB 4-pin LED strip recommendations for this case?

No, the included fans are your standard 3 pin DC LED fan. To change the color, you must change the fan out. It really wasn't very long ago this was the only choice in fan lighting.

As for 4 pin PWM RGB, you can take your pick between the HD, LL, and ML-RGB versions. From an airflow standpoint, there are thin margins between them. I would suggest picking the one that has the most pleasing lighting elements from your perspective. Using multiple types within the same case is a bit of a bother, so you likely want to go with the same thing all around. ML & LL fans require a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro to interface with Link/iCUE. The HD fans do have a manual controller, but I would strongly recommend getting one of the lighting interface devices no matter what. These will be included in the 3x120 or 2x140 packs for LL & ML-RGB. For HD, you need to buy it separately. Costs tend to work out the same, so once again back to which lighting style you prefer. ML-RGB is 4 LED center lit. HD is 12 spotlights. LL is 12 exterior, 4 interior diffused lights. LL fans must always have Link running to do their colors. ML-RGB and HD do not have that requirement.