Corsair Community

Multiple versions of Link installed

Trueboss345

So I was doing some housecleaning to the PC , when I checked the Programs & Apps panel I noticed multiple versions of Link were installed. I'm not sure if this happened after the Windows 10 April update or if I'm just noticing it recently. But is it safe to uninstall the older versions and keeping the latest? And which version should I start with first?

And just to put into consideration , the developers should have thought of this in the first place for the program to uninstall the older version before installing the new one , or maybe is this a bug I'm discovering?

Untitled.thumb.png.07f149134bb6b4597f861e9220220b24.png

Edited by Trueboss345

So I was doing some housecleaning to the PC , when I checked the Programs & Apps panel I noticed multiple versions of Link were installed. I'm not sure if this happened after the Windows 10 April update or if I'm just noticing it recently. But is it safe to uninstall the older versions and keeping the latest? And which version should I start with first?

You likely only have one version installed but multiple entries in the installer database.

Ideally, you should just clean those old entries out.

And just to put into consideration , the developers should have thought of this in the first place for the program to uninstall the older version before installing the new one , or maybe is this a bug I'm discovering?

The Link install does remove the previous version before it installs the new one. Sometimes things go awry, however.

Trying to uninstall just say's there a newer version of Corsair Link installed, and doesn't remove itself from the Programs and features list.

You need to manually clear the entries, not uninstall. Which means editing the registry ... or a tool that will do it for you.

I think you may find that one uninstall failed. I seem to remember I used a Microsoft utility to clear up uninstall files. I think you can find it by searching Microsoft.

Disk cleanup? I tried that but couldn't find an option for clearing other programs installation. Besides that, does anyone know the registry modification to remove those previous entries?