Corsair Community

Windows update messed up my headset?

PapaFestive

I've never had a problem with my Void pro RGB SE before, It always worked fine, A windows update recently made it so programs like discord, skype, steam, No longer pick up me talking while I can still hear things, I tried to use an online voice recorder and it picked up there as well. Also after the windows update whenever I put the mic down instead of the normal one beep, It makes 5 beeps for some reason, I originally thought it was the headset so I used my warranty and got a brand new one but the problem still happens. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so is there a work around?

I've had problems the last few days and tried all of the fixes previously posted on other threads. All of which worked, right up until a reboot or the application CUE restarts.

After getting thoroughly fed up, I started digging to see what processes were being called and executing when pressing the mic buttons on the headset. It came as no small surprise to see that some of them were being denied.

Closing the CUE Processes and restarting the program with full admin rights (Right click the exe and goto properties, then tick run as administrator under compatibility settings) and relaunching the application, worked a charm.

I've had problems the last few days and tried all of the fixes previously posted on other threads. All of which worked, right up until a reboot or the application CUE restarts.

After getting thoroughly fed up, I started digging to see what processes were being called and executing when pressing the mic buttons on the headset. It came as no small surprise to see that some of them were being denied.

Closing the CUE Processes and restarting the program with full admin rights (Right click the exe and goto properties, then tick run as administrator under compatibility settings) and relaunching the application, worked a charm.

That worked! Ah thank you so much! Not being able to have comms in the game was killing me!

I have subsequently found the cause for me. In all of the Skype settings there is no reference to the default Communication device, and Skype does not set it when you configure it with the Speakers and Microphone setting you want to use. I discovered by going windows Settings->Devices and then clicking the link on the right of the page for "Sound settings" which brings up another window for Sound settings. In this window my Corsair headphones were set as the Default Device, but another device (Acer X34) was set as Default Communication Device. I believe this is a Skype issue and the configuration options in Skype should include this or they can't be relied upon to correctly configure Skype to work with the headphones.

• Corsair Employees
I have subsequently found the cause for me. In all of the Skype settings there is no reference to the default Communication device, and Skype does not set it when you configure it with the Speakers and Microphone setting you want to use. I discovered by going windows Settings->Devices and then clicking the link on the right of the page for "Sound settings" which brings up another window for Sound settings. In this window my Corsair headphones were set as the Default Device, but another device (Acer X34) was set as Default Communication Device. I believe this is a Skype issue and the configuration options in Skype should include this or they can't be relied upon to correctly configure Skype to work with the headphones.

Skype has always done this, they'll reference the default device, but it's actually the default communications device. It's for people who want to use a different input/output for Skype but retain their original source for media.

But it's easy to miss if you aren't in that situation.