Corsair Community

Page Faults

Anthony Attard

Hello,

I have a MSI 645E MAX-U series motherboard (MS-6547) that has three slots for PC2700 RAM.

First slot has a VS512MB333 memory stick

Second slot has a VS512MB400 memory stick (reseller recommended compatibility with my MB)

Third slot has a generic 512BM 333 stick with no brand name (some recommended getting rid of this one)

Gigabyte FX5700 128 RAM video with lastest drivers.

SBLive Value

C Drive = 40Gb

D Drive = 40Gb

E Drive = 80Gb

F Drive = USB 128 USB stick (for college studies)

G Drive = CD/RW

AGP Aperture Size = 128Mb

DRAM CAS Latency = 2.5

Timing Setting Mode = FAST

MA 1T/2T Select = AUTO

Host to Memory Latency = FAST

Power Supply is only 300 watts

I have to put the generic stick in the third slot or the system would not see the extra RAM.

Now I am experiencing PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA with 0x00000050 and 0x0000008E codes.

This usually happens when scanning the registry with Registry Mechanic or Norton WinDoctor and sometime when playing Everquest II. And I am also getting a "Registry Restored" message at log in.

I remove the old generic stick from the system but the error still occurs.

Can some one suggest a possible cause, solution or recommendation to stablise the system?

Regards

Anthony

The MB you have will only see 2 double sided modules. Since all of our 512 Meg modules are double sided you can only use 2 modules total. Sorry!

I appreciate the help very much as tests have shown the RAM to be good.

The suggestion I have received is to make sure the two 512MB RAM sticks are of the same make - VS512MB333 and not to mix speeds with this motherboard. The other generic no-name brand is good but may have problems with the Value Select because of its age.

Is this possible?

Regards

Anthony

Archived