Corsair Community

Corsair Keyboard Broke, Question about RMA

XIIGravity

Hello, my keyboard (K70) broke a few weeks ago and will be RMA'd but i have a few questions in regards to the processes.

1. Is their anyway i can Exchange it for another keyboard like RMA upgrade type thing?

2. If not, i found on the main website that they do some sort of refund thing were they deduct 10% off for each year of use. How does that work? Could i do that with my K70 and perhaps buy a K95?

Thanks for the help!

P.S. If anyone knows any other methods to exchange it let me know. If not the K70 is great, I am just in awe of the K95.

Edited by XIIGravity

Just a tip for RMA with Corsair, if your product is still under warranty don't let them make you cover the cost to ship it overseas. They tried to make me pay for shipping to Taiwan to RMA my faulty K95P even though it was basically new. I kicked up a fuss here on the forum and a customer service rep got in contact with me and sorted it out.

I only stress this because while there a many instances where they do the right thing, I also know there are a number of people here (specifically in the RMA section) who paid for the postage costs when the product was still under warranty. The consumer should NEVER have to pay additional cost when the manufacturer makes a mistake with the product.

Hello, my keyboard (K70) broke a few weeks ago and will be RMA'd but i have a few questions in regards to the processes.

1. Is their anyway i can Exchange it for another keyboard like RMA upgrade type thing?

2. If not, i found on the main website that they do some sort of refund thing were they deduct 10% off for each year of use. How does that work? Could i do that with my K70 and perhaps buy a K95?

Thanks for the help!

P.S. If anyone knows any other methods to exchange it let me know. If not the K70 is great, I am just in awe of the K95.

1. No, it is very very rare that they will upgrade someone's product.

2. I believe that is for the 1st generation if RGB keyboards that had a lighting issue. If your keyboard is a K70 non RGB or LUX version it will not apply to you.

Just a tip for RMA with Corsair, if your product is still under warranty don't let them make you cover the cost to ship it overseas. They tried to make me pay for shipping to Taiwan to RMA my faulty K95P even though it was basically new. I kicked up a fuss here on the forum and a customer service rep got in contact with me and sorted it out.

I only stress this because while there a many instances where they do the right thing, I also know there are a number of people here (specifically in the RMA section) who paid for the postage costs when the product was still under warranty. The consumer should NEVER have to pay additional cost when the manufacturer makes a mistake with the product.

Corsair is not required to pay for shipping to them. You are not always guarenteed to be provided a prepaid lable. It depends on the product and a lot of othert factors.

• Corsair Employees

As Inheritance mentioned the RMA process is a one for one exchange and customers cannot upgrade to a different product.

I would suggest to open a ticket with the support portal and have the Technical Support team further assist you.