Corsair Community

Drivers corrupted/not functioning properly

Meown

I have owned my Strafe for about 2 years and it has worked beautifully up until this point. The other day, I had a Windows 10 update that messed up the USB driver for my microphone and I could find no solution for the problem. That leads me to my current issue, where in a desperate attempt to fix the issue, I reverted to a previous version of Windows 10. My microphone issue was solved, however, on starting up my computer, my Strafe would not respond whenever I pressed a key, it still won't. Now I'm afraid that I have corrupted my drivers and have no clue how to fix the issue. For clarification, the lighting effects still work, it's just if I were to press any key, it won't register the key press. Help would be very much appreciated. (On a side note, I am not very knowledgeable in computers and the terms that apply, so I may not even know what I'm talking about)

• Corsair Employees

Hi Meown,

Sounds like you might have broke the driver that connects your HID to CUE. I recommend doing a clean install of CUE so uninstall and run a registry cleaner, Restart your computer and then install CUE again. In regards to the mic issue, It's possible a settings changed without you knowing after the Win 10 update.

Go under Windows Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone -> enable "Allow Applications to Access Microphone"

I am afraid that your solution did not quite solve my problem. I did everything you said, however, my keyboard is still unresponsive to my actions. I really don’t have much more information to give except that when I go to the CUE program, in the bottom left corner, an error box pops up and when clicked says, “There is an error detected with your device's onboard profiles. One of you profiles has been corrupted or undetectable. Please re-save your profiles to the device. You can also clear the onboard storage in Settings." I hope this clarifies what is going on here, and in the meantime I will keep trying different things out.

I have both the Strafe keyboard as well as a Scimitar Pro RGB mouse. The mouse works just fine with the exception that I can’t program the buttons on the side to do anything. I would assume that both problems stem from the same issue and it may have to deal with something internal. However, I am still confused as to what the source of the problem is.

• Corsair Employees
Ok, the onboard profile issue is from the Scimitar Pro. Can you delete any HWprofiles in CUE and then unplug the mouse, hold the left and right buttons down and plug the mouse back in. Keep holding the buttons until the mouse's LED turn back on. Unplug the mouse and replug it one more time. This should reset the HWprofiles and should remove that error.

Well, the error messages are gone, so that is fixed, but I still cannot type unfortunately. At this point, I think this is something internal, if I had to guess anything, probably something with the motherboard. If that is the case then you can’t really help me there. However, thank you for the assistance so far, hopefully all I need to do is install new drivers for the motherboard or something like that.

Hi Meown,

Sounds like you might have broke the driver that connects your HID to CUE. I recommend doing a clean install of CUE so uninstall and run a registry cleaner, Restart your computer and then install CUE again. In regards to the mic issue, It's possible a settings changed without you knowing after the Win 10 update.

Go under Windows Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone -> enable "Allow Applications to Access Microphone"

How would CUE/the HID drivers affect the basic utility of the keyboard? I was forced to uninstall CUE + disable the HID drivers due to them not playing nice with USB controllers and yet my keyboard still works.