Corsair Community

H150i USB Cable Replacement ?

rcmorgan540

Hey folks, The search engine here has helped me so much on my new build. My problem is needing 3 USB 2 Headers on my MD and only having 2. One is in use from my Lighting Node Pro and one is in use from my PCI WiFi card. I have an MSI Z370 Gaming Carbon Pro AC. It is installed in a 570X Case. A known problem (thanks to the this forum) is that the I/O shield on the MB does not fit with an LL120 Fan in the case back leaving it easier to manage a usb to the external I/O.... so that is my setup. I am wondering if I can get a standard Micro USB to USB A cable and run the H150i usb to the external I/O. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but I didn't know if that was some kind of proprietary USB cable that the H150 used. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, that should work fine and is a common work-around for people who are having trouble with their internal USB 2.0 headers. The other option would be to find an internal USB splitter device (or cable) to find the extra port. It is standard micro to USB. Anything should work, but like always there are some junk cables out there.