Corsair Community

Corsair h150i, pump not recognize by Motherboard

Agarest77

Hello everyone

I gonna try to explain my problem like a can, cause english is not my first language..

So this morning i power on my computeur, and i see the pump of my AIO get red light and breathing....

in the bios, is see the pump wasn't recognize by my MB and i don't know why....

few days ago the aio work fine without any problem..

Did someone already have this issues ?

Motherboad : Gigabyte Aorus X299 ultraGaming Rev.01

Processor : i9-7920x

Watercooling : Corsair H150i Pro 360

PSU : Corsair Ax760

GraphicCard : KFA2 Gtx 1070 HOF

Edited by Agarest77

When you say that the motherboard doesn't recognize it, what do you mean by that?

At first blush, it sounds like the pump is failing. Do you have the fan connector connected to the CPU Fan header? What is this showing? What temperature do you hit while in the BIOS?

Okay, I come with some weird news..

A friend of me have an component shop and give the same mobo I have and... The pump actually work.. That's mean some thing of my mobo after time get my water pump failure...

If the BIOS isn't showing any RPMs, then the pump isn't working.

The motherboard doesn't actually "detect" the cooler; the fan header allows it to read the RPMs from the pump.

From the sounds of it, you should start an RMA request by clicking "Support Ticket System" above.

I agree with you in that point of view devbiker :)

But actually the mistery was, why from a MB where the pump not worked.. Gonna work on a fresh new motherboard... I didn't understand that things.. If you could help me ^^

I thought you meant that it was a different pump.

So ...

If it's working on one system and not on another, what's different?

The temperature is the biggest thing to look at ... your temps shouldn't be that high.

I would try a different SATA power connector first - on a complete different cable.

Actually on a new fresh MB (same model) the temp was good 20-25 on the i9 7920x, but on the previous MB the pump failure happened after 4-5 days (1 boot par day)

For me it's a totally magic trick haha

An things I notice, when I shutdown my pc, the MB still give power to the USB external port... I thinking that was can be a part of my mystery

Actually on a new fresh MB (same model) the temp was good 20-25 on the i9 7920x, but on the previous MB the pump failure happened after 4-5 days (1 boot par day)

For me it's a totally magic trick haha

If the same pump works on one machine and not on another, then it's got to be either power delivery or a mounting issue. There really isn't any other option.

An things I notice, when I shutdown my pc, the MB still give power to the USB external port... I thinking that was can be a part of my mystery

This isn't uncommon, actually. ATX power spec specifies +5V Standby Power and some motherboards use this to provide power to USB ports for charging devices. It's a "feature", not a bug or an issue.

Okay then, i gonna take a look if that gonna happen again.

I downgrade Corsair Link software in case just to see.

If i get an other issues like that, i gonna try to see if that come to my psu /cable or from the WaterCooling himself