Corsair Community

H45 FAn connection and pump on Asus mobo pls help

Baoh

Hi guys I have mobo ASUS sabertooth 990 2.0 and I have not understand where to connect the Pump (3 pin connector) and FAN (4 pin connection)

in attach the pictures of the connector of my mobo, i Have try to put Pump on CPU fan and the FAN in CPU optional but the fan run at 100%.

Could Y help me, the fan run at 100% but the temperature is low, I have mount all yesterday all brand new.

Installed also LINK sw

ty

(I have change the fan with Corsair SP 120 PWM)

fanjmobo.JPG.9a30c6c1c685cc22f0fbe254bf7ab737.JPG

The pump should be connected to the CPU_fan header and the fan will be ok on the CPU_opt header, you need something on the CPU_Fan header to avoid the warnings on booting.

You cannot use Link to control the fan speed as there is no usb connection with this cooler. Asus provide some software that you can use (it used to be called Fan Xpert) or there are free "apps" such as Speedfan, that can be used to control the speed of your fan.

Hi snapper69, Asus say:

"The pump 3wire connection should go directly to the power supply using an adapter.. you want the pump running full tilt all the time. The fan should go to the CPU_FAN header ... The fan will be controlled through the Q-Fan feature .. speeding up and slowing down according to CPU temperature.."

It is ok? What kind of adapter I need to connect pomp on power supply?

Tyy

The pump is designed to get the 12 volts that it needs from the CPU_Fan header, you just need to go into the Bios and ensure that the CPU_Fan header is set to provide 12V constantly (that may mean setting it to off, depending on the settings for your board). This will ensure that you will get a warning if your pump stops working. You connect the fan to any other header and use Q-Fan to control it. If you use Q-Fan and set it to use the cpu temp, there should be a delay option, which you should set to 10 seconds or so, otherwise your fan revs will increase and decrease every time that you do something.

Hi to all and tx for advice :)

Guys I do this:

Pump on CPU_Fan and Fan in OPT_Fan.

In bios I have disable control of temperature and Cool'nQuite option.

But I don't understand how to set the speed of OPT_Fan.

Now the fan goes at 100% and there is so many noise.

I attach the speedfan I think FAN1 is the Pump.

I have try to do what asus says (attach pump on power supply) but after 3 min the pc shout down ;(

IF I leave the cool'n'quite option on CPU Fan the noise is less but I'm not sure that pump goeas at maximum speed.

You can see it on image fan 3

ty for help

fan2.JPG.fb455baabffd077d40e1698ec0efb277.JPG

fan3.thumb.JPG.ee254659ebdc7b5eb3689a2e8c747ed1.JPG

You cannot set the speed of the OPT header on Asus boards. The OPTional fan header is a mirror or copy cat of the CPU fan header. Whatever CPU Fan does, OPT will do the same. There are no separate controls.

Either the pump or fan needs to go on CPU fan. The other should go on a CHA fan header. What is best really depends on what headers are available and the how far to the fan. Both the CPU fan and CHA fan header can be set o PWM and 100% to make it supply 12v. The Intel boards call this "Full Speed" in Q-fan. I am not sure if AMD is the same. This is also the same as disabled in the Advanced BIOS.

CPU fan on Asus boards usually has short fan delays and can be very active. CPU/OPT was designed for air coolers. You don't need this with water cooling. Slow and steady does the job. You might be able to set a more satisfying fan curve with the CHA fan header. I have done it both ways, pump on CPU fan or CHA, but the pump needs 100% in Q-fan.

If you are short on headers, the final option is to get a SATA to 3/4 pin fan adapter and power the pump from the PSU directly (via SATA cable). Some power supplies even have 3 pin fan connectors, but that is not common. THe pump will run at maximum as required. The H45 fan can then go on CPU fan. Leave OPT empty in all of these scenarios.

Archived