Corsair Community

What does the case come with?

Romulus

I have been an avid supporter of Corsair for years. I am loving all the new stuff so am in the planning stages for a build for my son-in-law who will be returning from deployment o/s soon.

My question is with regards to the 570X.

I get that we will have to purchase a commander pro and maybe even a lighting node, but I want to know if the seamlessly connect to the onboard lighting control buttons on the 570X or are they circumvented when you connect a commander?

• Corsair Employees

Hello Romulus,

To get a full understanding of our RGB fans, I'd suggest reading through the FAQ below.

You would need either a Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro to control the LED lights. The RGB hub that is included with the case, and wired to the manual controller by default, would connect to one the LED channels of the LNP or CPro instead. You can either have the software control with more advanced features or the manual control via the top of the case. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I have been an avid supporter of Corsair for years. I am loving all the new stuff so am in the planning stages for a build for my son-in-law who will be returning from deployment o/s soon.

My question is with regards to the 570X.

I get that we will have to purchase a commander pro and maybe even a lighting node, but I want to know if the seamlessly connect to the onboard lighting control buttons on the 570X or are they circumvented when you connect a commander?

These are mutually exclusive, you can either use the controls on the case or the lighting node pro/commander pro to control the lights. You can't use both at the same time. If you only want to add software control and want LEDs the LNP would be the best route as it includes 4x strips of LEDs as well as gives you the option to plug in the 3xSP-120 fans included in the 570x.

The Commander Pro does the same thing as the LNP, though it doesn't come with the 4x LED strips. Though it does include temp probes, fan controller/power, 2xUSB 2.0 headers, and the same RGB headers as the LNP.

For LNP vs CP it comes down to use case. If you want just control of LEDs and some more lighting the LNP is fine. If you want to add a lot more fans, have control of them via the temps, as well as have multiple USB 2.0 devices, then the CP would be a better option.

My motherboard had all the headers as the CP and LNP, I opted to buy the LNP as I didn't like my Motherboard's RGB Software and I love iCUE. I didn't get the CP as I was fine with using my motherboard's fan headers as the fan software did what I needed. Though with iCUE I could really ditch having any motherboard software on my system, if I opt to buy the CP.