Corsair Community

Will a Intel H80i V2 fitting kit work with a H100i GTX extreme ?

justwondering

Hi , I currently have fitted a Crosair H80i V2 AIO , all working just great.

A friend is offering his H100i GTX Extreme for free , but the only issue is that he does not have the INTEL fitting kit , but I have a H80I v2 AIO fitted in my system .

Can I use my Intel fitting kit from H80i v2 AIO with the H100i GTX Extreme ?

Edited by justwondering

One the CPU ... probably not much except when it's been running for a while. On the coolant temps (which also means your fan speed) ... likely yes.

In general ... the H100i has more radiator surface area, so it'll cool the liquid coolant more efficiently. This will keep the top coolant temp a little lower, directly impacting your fan speeds (you'll need less air to cool the coolant). While this may translate to lower CPU temps, it won't be by much.

The other factor that may come into play here, however, is the placement of the cooler. Most of the time, the H80 is configured on the exhaust port right behind the CPU. This typically means that it's blowing waste heat from the GPU through the radiator, which will impact cooling. Even placing the H100 at the top, as exhaust, you'll have less GPU waste heat blowing through the radiator ... so cooler air for the coolant. Good exhaust and plenty of intake will be key to this.

One the CPU ... probably not much except when it's been running for a while. On the coolant temps (which also means your fan speed) ... likely yes.

In general ... the H100i has more radiator surface area, so it'll cool the liquid coolant more efficiently. This will keep the top coolant temp a little lower, directly impacting your fan speeds (you'll need less air to cool the coolant). While this may translate to lower CPU temps, it won't be by much.

The other factor that may come into play here, however, is the placement of the cooler. Most of the time, the H80 is configured on the exhaust port right behind the CPU. This typically means that it's blowing waste heat from the GPU through the radiator, which will impact cooling. Even placing the H100 at the top, as exhaust, you'll have less GPU waste heat blowing through the radiator ... so cooler air for the coolant. Good exhaust and plenty of intake will be key to this.

Thank you for your helpful and detailed reply , I shall grab the cooler from my friend and fit it , It seems like a why not considering a new motherboard and CPU are going in as soon as the board arrives , so while the case is open it should not be too much trouble to do :)