Corsair Community

Liquid temp h100i v2

vicra84

Hello everyone, I'm writing to you because I think my h100i v2 has some problem with the pump liquid. I have done some tests that I put now.

with an ambient temperature of 19 degrees, I used the intel utility to stress the cpu and these are the results:

the test was done with the rpm of the pump at maximum as the fans (2X Corsair ML120 Pro), temp max of CPU during the stress 70C

22:32- start test, liquid temp at 30C

22:34- liquid temp 37’7

22:36- 41’7C

22:38- 43,2

22:40- 43’8

22:42- 44’5 and stop de test

22:44- 36’6

22:46- 32’6

Does the temperature of the pump rise too fast? I have seen that one tube is hot and another is cold, is it normal?

Thanks

You probably have the beginnings of a blockage. +15C in 10 min with fans at max is about double the expected rise, although your CPU model and settings have some impact on this. The only other thing that might create this condition is if the radiator cannot release its heat (trapped under a tight desk, restrictive dust filter, or blocked in some way). You can try shaking the pump head, but that is a temporary solution at best. Contact Corsair tech support through the ticket system to begin the RMA process.

You probably have the beginnings of a blockage. +15C in 10 min with fans at max is about double the expected rise, although your CPU model and settings have some impact on this. The only other thing that might create this condition is if the radiator cannot release its heat (trapped under a tight desk, restrictive dust filter, or blocked in some way). You can try shaking the pump head, but that is a temporary solution at best. Contact Corsair tech support through the ticket system to begin the RMA process.

Thank you very much for the information. I have the radiator on top, with the fans expelling air outside, and I have noticed that this air is cold, when the radiator should be expelling hot air

Definitely a blockage then. Sorry. Try and do the express RMA where they ship you a new one on a credit card hold to cut down shipping time. If you were itching to upgrade, this is probably the time and you can use the replacement as a back up or elsewhere.

Archived