Corsair Community

Why no ML120 Single Pack

Gunndykol

I searched the forums and I'm surprised I didn't find a post about this issue.

Am I the only one frustrated that you cannot buy a ML120 single fan unless you buy the Pro version?

I'm looking to replace my current case fans and need 3 ML120 fans. My options are either buy 2 - Dual Packs and use the 4th fan as a paper weight or buy 3 ML120 Pro single fans and pay 20% more the 4 non-pro version.

I searched the forums and I'm surprised I didn't find a post about this issue.

Am I the only one frustrated that you cannot buy a ML120 single fan unless you buy the Pro version?

I'm looking to replace my current case fans and need 3 ML120 fans. My options are either buy 2 - Dual Packs and use the 4th fan as a paper weight or buy 3 ML120 Pro single fans and pay 20% more the 4 non-pro version.

Are talking about the: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/Fan-Size/Package-Quantity/ml-config/p/CO-9050039-WW

They do have a lot of SKUs, maybe they did at one time? You could always resale it on ebay for like 100% more like some people try to do 0_o or at a normal price just break even to re-coop the cost. You could do a push/pull for a cooler/rad. Use it for an exhaust, there are a lot of options. After upgrading my fans, I have 7x 1 month old fans just sitting in a box. I ran out of room in the case :(

The plain ML dual pack was most likely meant to be an inexpensive direct replacement for the radiator on the dual fan coolers. The feature models are the ML120 PRO and LED. If you are looking for the cheapest fans possible, there are other choices available, but I can't see much demand for a single in the striped down form. I am actually surprised they are still around at all.