Corsair Community

Help?! H115i Linux

Methanoid

No Corsair Link for me...

So what do I connect? The 3 pin to the CPU header, the two fans to the 4 pin headers.. the SATA connector to power? But then my fans spin at 100% all the time... Jet Engine noise...

My Asus X399 board does have Q-Fan control but it does nothing with the fans for the H115i?

Help, please?!

There is no BIOS fan control at all on the Asus X399? There must be something. Move the fans from the cooler's pump to the motherboard fan connections. Without Link, letting the cooler manage it is a bit of a headache. It is too local temperature dependent.

It seems you can control fans but only down as low as 60-80% depending on profile.. this is some weird ****... Less of a problem since when I was swapping connectors the fans and my fingers met and they now have two less blades and I have two chunks of flesh less... so new quieter fans will be needed now!

I have no problem switching the stock SP140L fans off the H115i the moment you get it, regardless of control options. 60% would be a typical minimum value for a DC 3 pin fan, but those PWM fans should go lower. You may want to think about a software based fan controller. The Commander Pro is the very obvious and capable choice, particularly if you are going to use Corsair RGB fans. Certainly there are analog and other alternatives out there, but the C-Pro is a pretty tidy and handy package.