Corsair Community

Keyboard stuck in BIOS mode, can't get out

leamsy

I recently contacted support because my keyboard had a weirdly lighted key. I ended up doing a firmware reset, but now the keyboard has lost its backlight completely and the capslock, numlock and download lights will blink constantly (which is very annoying by the way).

The rest of the keyboard works just fine except for the media keys.

From what I have gathered, this means the keyboard is in BIOS mode, but no matter what I tried, I can´t get it back to normal. I have tried moving the back switch, reflashing the firmware etc to no avail, and I don´t know what else to try.

Support has already started an RMA as soon as I told them this, but I´d rather avoid it if possible, as I would be left without any keyboard for a long time and I need it to work.

Does someone have any possible solution to this issue?

• Corsair Employees
Hey leamsy, the K70 LUX RGB has a slider at the top edge (where the cable connects) that has the BIOS option, move the slider away from the BIOS mark. If it continues to have issues, it could be corrupted firmware, which would require RMA.

Hey leamsy, the K70 LUX RGB has a slider at the top edge (where the cable connects) that has the BIOS option, move the slider away from the BIOS mark. If it continues to have issues, it could be corrupted firmware, which would require RMA.

I did try that, as it seemed to be the solution for oother people having the saame issue. But it does nothing for me. Neither the keyboard nor my PC react to me moving the slider. I always keep it on 1 though.