Corsair Community

H150i Fan RPM

CzechShark

I have a strange problem I hope someone can help with.

I have 3 LL120 fans connected to the AIO hub, they all seem to run fine except fan#3 is always running at max. See pic Below it is set to zero RPM mode for all 3 fans, which i would have though would mean the fans should all idle down to 0. fan 1 and 2 stay at 600RPM while 3 at 1700RPM no matter what. CPu temp at idle is aorund 29C

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.78019192719e47364e457b33f836a526.jpg

If you switch fan 2 with fan 3 (at the pump connector), does the problem travel with the fan or stay with #3?

As for the zero fan mode, see here and go ahead and add your iCUE version, fan model, and the actual 600 rpm minimum (just like me) to the thread. I think this may be a iCUE issue, but we need more data.

Switching the fan does not carry with the fan it self but rather the slot meaning now the middle fan plugged into slot 3 is running max.

I can live with the 600rpm until iCue addresses the issue :) I'm hoping to see a manual curve mode anyways.

But 1700rpm is very loud and that part is bothering me.

1700 is pretty loud and that would bother me. Since it stays with slot 3, it seems more like a software control issue. See the two threads below about a fan being "stuck".

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177219

and http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176248

The Zero fan mode keeps mine at 625 rpm minimum. With a custom curve, I can go much lower. When you create the custom curve, try using one of the three tools in the top right corner to create the curve. Then adjust the points by entering in the values you want in the box on the left (not dragging the points on the graph). The "curve tool" has fixed the stuck fan issue for a few us. There is also a very thorough way of doing this in the second thread.

Sadly there is no "firmware update" option for the H150i nor is there a custom curve option. At least that i can see?

I do not have Commander Pro my fans are plugged directly into the AIO cooler hub

*Edit

Figured out the custom curve, but that didnt seem to help :(

Hit the little + symbol just above the profile names. That should create a new profile called “cooling mode” (it is renamable). You can then assign values to each point. Use the curve tools for n the corner to see if they unstick that fan.

While the other threads have a C-Pro, I do not think this is hardware related and thus what affects/works for the C-Pro should also work on the cooler. This appears to be an iCUE bug and does not happen in Link 4.9.7.

Yea I figured out the custom curve didn't even know that existed, so im pretty happy about that although it didn't fix the problem, the fan will not change no matter what I do.

I am kind of surprised that the cooler itself has no firmware option though.

Thanks for the help regardless, hopefully a new version might fix this problem, if not I guess i can always plug the fans into mobo directly and control them there, it would just be nice to have it work as intended.

I suppose it is possible fan connector #3 has a bad pin. That might be worth investigating if you are still within your return period with the vendor giving you an fast exchange.

Yes, no firmware updates through iCUE yet. I am sure that will be along later. That also raises another angle to attack. We can possibly eliminate software control as an issue by going back to Link 4.9.7. If you don't have any Corsair peripherals installed, there isn't a lot of downside other than slightly more constrained creative lighting options. Still, there is plenty to play with until this gets fixed (if software). If fan #3 is still maxed out on Link, then I think that is something you want to deal with now.

You can save your Lighting Profiles made in iCUE by exporting them to a safe location or copying the entire C: User Name/App Data/Corsair/CUE file to another place. It can be copied back in later if needed.

Yes, you could also go to motherboard for control, but I still think we should get this #3 controller part sorted.

So after uninstalling iCue and testing out the fan in Link I found out that it is the same issue.

So i opened up the back and bad pin it is, seems to be just loose, I managed to push it into the socket and all seems well. Hopefully it stays put in there.

Thanks for the help.

Archived